Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom Phadex: A Phase Distortion Explorer

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: The Quilcom Phadex: A Phase Distortion Explorer

Postby billv » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 am

There is a strange Evil Genius with this Master Spogg and his Quilcom engineering systems.
You remind me of Dr Evil :twisted: :geek: :D
billv

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby billv » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:08 pm

MichaelBenjamin wrote:no billv, it is not evil, it is au contraire very very un-evil.
the synth is very well explained in that video, it is very educational and not evil at all.

No, you have mis-interperated, my post was clearly 'sense of humor". :(
Maybe you've never seen Austin Powers.
billv

Postby k brown » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:20 pm

Now, now boys - don't make me come down there ! :lol:
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby tulamide » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:24 pm

Phadex is only 3 months old, can you believe it? Everything seems like an eternity ago due to the pandemic!

I revisit this thread, because I saw Rex' video back then and was just pleased. But now, literally a few minutes ago, I saw a video, where a guy explores the CZ-V from the Arturia Collection (https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/cz-v/details), and it seems, the CZ series was much more versatile than it sounds like in Rex' video.

This video is a bit lenthy, because somewhere in the middle he presents the presets, but the introduction, the basic workflow and the prest generation he does additionally are worth a look. Maybe it even inspires Rex to make a Phadex 2?

https://youtu.be/7vH6ROxtSQA
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby BobF » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:29 pm

Hello Gang,

I've looked at the video a dozen or so times now and this does not look like phase distortion. Well at least the Sine to Square doesn't. It really looks a lot more like variable wave shaping, much like the stuff I posted. Seems like there's more here going on than there telling us, more like a combination of both maybe.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:20 am

Thanks for the links tulamide! :D

I think the video really points up the difference between hobbyists like me and professional products, and the guy’s video is also very pro.

I hadn’t looked at Arturia’s product before I made mine, so it’s encouraging for me that they went a similar way to me, in some respects, to expand on the principle’s application. Quite simply, Casio could not have done what Arturia and I did, at the time.

I think the Phadex can do pretty much the basic stuff that CZ-V can do, but with no cool graphic envelopes and all the other fancy stuff which, in the end, make a big difference. But mine is free after all! :lol:

One thing I spotted was the filter introduced into the effects section appeared to be polyphonic, and that’s a trick that I struggle to understand how it could be achieved in FlowStone. Food for thought…

@Bob: The waveform morphs you can make with Phase Modulation can indeed sometimes look like wave shaping. It depends on the base waveform, the modulating waveform, the amount etc. I’m personally convinced that what we see is actually PD though, with no trickery involved!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:33 am

Spogg wrote:One thing I spotted was the filter introduced into the effects section appeared to be polyphonic, and that’s a trick that I struggle to understand how it could be achieved in FlowStone. Food for thought…

So it did inspire you. Job done! :D
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Halon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:24 pm

Brilliant ass always spogg. :shock:
Halon

Previous

Return to User Examples