Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Postby Spogg » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:04 pm

tulamide wrote:Do Vulcans celebrate anything on earth's 24st of december? :lol:

No, the real question is this: This schematic uses an ADSR in Assembler made by MyCo, called "MYCOs Envelope P9". I don't expect MyCo to remember things he did back in 2009(?). But if you could find anything about this ADSR in your database, I would be very interested! I currently don't understand how the lengths are calculated (I want to show the time in seconds for A, D and R, and make it switchable to note lengths, which is why I need to understand this).

There is no equvalent word in Vulcan for "celebrate". Celebration is an odd human activity normally used as justification for consumption of ethanol-based fluids.

I've done what I can to chase down the ADSR details but no luck I'm afraid. The raw forum data that Youlean linked to and I downloaded is incomplete. I did a content search on all the files and nothing came up, so I can only suggest you ask MyCo.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:42 pm

TransistorHead soundscape synth

This synth seems to be purpose-built to generate weird electronic soundscapes. I base this on the presets the designer has made rather than me doing any tweaking or experimentation. I really like the kinda retro GUI and especially the font style used. The "warp" knob is great fun too.

Spogged:
There was a clipper inside as well as outside the module so I deleted the outside one. Very odd!

Author: Sonicase

Cheers

Spogg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqab5owk70m18 ... d.zip?dl=0
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Halloween

What fun! A great little novelty.

Spogged:
Added a clipper and reduced the fixed output level from 0.5 to 0.25 to avoid clipping.
Moved the help label to the top level.

Author: Dozius

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Halloween.fsm
(85.53 KiB) Downloaded 1280 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Wavetable osc with display icon

This oscillator uses wavetables created from 10 pre-loaded strings. The really neat feature is the icon-sized display created from the waveform selected by the knob. This method means you could create any string-based table and the icon will display accordingly. No more drop-box menu selectors with wave names! You see what you will get.

Spogged:
I chose a different knob and set it for 10 steps.
Some labels changed to better reflect their function.
Set up for 0-1 frequency control.
Put it in a demo synth to test.

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Wavetable osc with small display.fsm
(723.46 KiB) Downloaded 1330 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Missing Links version 15

This pack contains a HUGE amount of useful modules ready to go. Version 15 was the most recent one I could find. There is so much in here the problem will be remembering just what you have when you need a particular function!
There are several high-level modules which contain the goodies and they categorise what's inside. If you save each module to your toolbox at least you can have a look when you need something.
Don't be fooled by what appear to be Primitives (Prims). These have been skinned to take on that appearance. Everything I found can be opened like a normal module.

Spogged:
There were a few items flagged as superceded by Flowstone so I have deleted these.
Obviously I haven't tested most of these so if you find a dud let me know and I can remove and re-upload this item.

Author: M.W. van der Lee with help from many others as per the notes on the top level.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Missing Links.zip
(964.11 KiB) Downloaded 1322 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Analog kit version 5

This kit contains a vast array of pre-made modules with matching front panels, ready to use. Think of it as all the modules you'll need to make a virtual analogue modular synth. This might be useful for beginners to achieve results very fast.

Spogged: nothing!
Note that the contents of these were not optimised so better filters and envelopes etc have been made since, but that need not stop the fun!

Author: Unknown but I had thought that MyCo had been involved. This was later made available as an official download from Outsim with an installation exe.

Cheers

Spogg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig3wjua2ezg9y ... 5.zip?dl=0
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Mechanical Counter

Very clever and impressive looking "mechanical" counter. The "counter" inside the module is actually a float readout fed by a smoothing Prim to set rates etc.

Spogged:
Added a reset system so you can reset to any value you like, not just zero. This means you can set a target value of zero and a reset value of say 500 and it will count down. See the Properties view for the counter itself.
Added MGUI and re-draw so the counter starts displaying after the first reset button press (when first loaded the counter is blank).

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Mechanical Counter.fsm
(22.01 KiB) Downloaded 1277 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:41 pm

Dual colour stereo level meter

I found this in a schematic which I think was showing some point regarding linear to dB conversion. I liked the idea of the meter itself and that it's scalable to the View area.

Spogged: Loads! I made a lot of changes to the meter module to give colour properties, a background and attack/decay controls inside the meter. Basically I've customised it to do what I would personally like.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Dual colour stereo level meter.fsm
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 1397 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:49 pm

Stream wave and Float shapers

Nice simple graphic method of re-shaping a waveform or adding distortion to a stream. Also a similar module for affecting the transfer for Float input. This could be used for creating odd tuning scales for instance.

Spogged: No changes to the modules, just added a test environment and preset manager to show that preset support works.

Author: Trogluddite

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Float and Stream Shapers.fsm
(69.49 KiB) Downloaded 1298 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:02 pm

Multi-stage graphic wave shaper

This is another module for shaping the transfer of stream input to output, for waveform shaping or distorion effects.
The shaper's GUI allows as many sections, points and shapes as you like so is extremely flexible.

Spogged:
Whilst I haven't changed any functional elements I found the preset handling was far from complete. I got the impression that the author had focussed on the brilliant processing and GUI and didn't finish the preset part. No idea why. So I spent some time with the schematic modifying it to respond fully to preset save and load. I've added a Preset Manager for demo puposes and it seems to work fine now. Please tell me if I messed up with anything!
Also I added a test environment with a guitar loop to try distortion and an oscillator to try wave shaping.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Multistage graphic wave shaper.zip
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 1416 times
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples