Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Postby Spogg » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:14 pm

Stereo stage tools

Very useful set of optimised stereo modules for controlling the stereo sound field/stage. I particularly liked the mono to wide module which goes beyond the stereo width of the input.

Spogged:
Added a simple test environment. Best auditioned on headphones for a remarkable experience!

Author: Dozius

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Stereo Tools.fsm
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 1367 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Trance gate

Being very old I didn't really know what a Trance Gate was but I soon found out that, in this case, it's a step pattern sequencer that triggers an envelope based on the beats selected.
This one has a nice intuitive GUI with a good range of possibilities.

Spogged:
This was another project where the author made a great module but didn't attend to the preset handling so that was my main intervention here. Every parameter now has a unique entry in the saved presets.
Changed 2 knobs from readout to labels to clarify function.
Changed a few labels on and in modules.
Added a preset manager and 3 presets made to demo and test.

Author: Mortis Draco

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Trance Gate .fsm
(317.68 KiB) Downloaded 1316 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Console synth

This is a 4 oscillator virtual analogue synthesiser with each oscillator having independant LFO modulation, PWM for the pulse and Saw2 waves, static peaking filter and pan and level controls together with a good tuning arrangement.

The first thing that struck me was just how good this synth looks. Lots of effort obviously went into the appearance and the logical and intuitive arrangement of the controls. I'm sure tulamide would be impressed :D .
Then we move onto the sounds and the author has provided 19 very useable presets to demo a few possibilities and an init preset for starting off a new preset. Inside the module (nice schematic) various options can be configured before exporting to VSTi. For example there are lots of channel filter types to choose from should you prefer another type of filter from peaking. Just click on the type box (inside the channel module) and you get a pop-up selection.
The author has kept the GUI clutter-free but has provided all the essential stuff for a great and useable classic synth.

Spogged:
The filter cutoff for channels 1 and 2 were not connected to the peaking filter module input. I'm convinced this was a wiring mistake since some of the presets operate these knobs.
I set re-trigger stolen for True since I found this to be better in practice on my own projects.
I deleted an unused noise oscillator in channel 1 multi-osc.
Replaced the obsolete LFO Prim in the chorus section with one of Martin Vinacek's

There is room for optimisation in the synth using more recent stuff but I resisted the temptation! It's great just as it is.

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlq79vcqim4it ... r.zip?dl=0
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:11 am

Knob parameter display window

I do like this idea. You can have a single readout display window on your project so that when you operate any control the window shows the label (or any string) followed by the control value.

Spogged:
Created an assembly ready to copy-paste into any knob, with a comment label for instructions.
Modified some knobs in addition to the two original ones to demonstrate useage.
Request: I couldn't do this for RUBY-based controls because I would need to have an "interaction" output and I don't have any Ruby skills so anyone? Some generic one-liner maybe with a worked example?

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Knob Parameter Window.fsm
(181.35 KiB) Downloaded 1250 times
Ruby-based knob needs an interaction output.fsm
(4.82 KiB) Downloaded 1233 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:30 am

FFT frequency detector in Green

This clever box of Fast Fourier Transform tricks is remarkably accurate over the MIDI key range.
The author has provided a test environment using a saw wave, which obviously has many harmonics, and a comparison direct Hz readout from the MIDI module.

Spogged: Nothing

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
FFT green freq detect.fsm
(187.35 KiB) Downloaded 1330 times
Spogg

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:44 am

for the rubyknob request...

here you can find a long story of creating a ruby knob, they all have an interaction output, so you can use them for the value display, some of the older versions have redraw bugs which is not difficult to fix v 2.2 and 3 should be fine
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=641&start=50

here an attachement with the display module from above
Attachments
Knob Parameter ruby.fsm
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 1220 times
Nubeat7

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Nubeat7 wrote:for the rubyknob request...

here you can find a long story of creating a ruby knob, they all have an interaction output, so you can use them for the value display, some of the older versions have redraw bugs which is not difficult to fix v 2.2 and 3 should be fine
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=641&start=50

here an attachement with the display module from above

Thank you so much for that Nubeat! Great knob too.

I've successfully modified the original orange Ruby knob with the appropriate 2 lines of code and made a cheat box to provide other Ruby idiots like me the means to do the same.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Knob Parameter interact for ruby.fsm
(19.56 KiB) Downloaded 1217 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Mute and Solo switch banks

This system provides for the GUI and logic to be able to control multiple channels to either mute or solo any number and combination of channels.

Spogged:
The original had 4 channels and worked when initially tested. However the author had clearly wanted and provided for MIDI control and preset management neither of which worked at all!
I decided that this system could be very useful for multi-oscillator systems for example, and would work the same as the Mute/Solo on every DAW. For this reason I spent a lot of time making it work with MIDI and preset management as the author seemed to have wanted.
I've provided a MIDI CC assembly and a preset manager as a test and demo environment. I also made a 16 channel version whereby unwanted channels could just be deleted according to need (from highest number down).
I've added a couple of comment boxes to explain a bit more.
I've added outputs onto the modules ready to connect to selectors or whatever is to control the signal path.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Mute and Solo switches.fsm
(205.77 KiB) Downloaded 1274 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Selector switch bank

This is a module for making a single index value selection by pressing the appropriate switch. I like the fact that it's easy to add more switch elements and the rest is done for you. Or remove a few!

Spogged:
The original had 4 switches so I added another 2 to test it.
Added preset support.
Added a preset manager to demo and test.
Added a comment box.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Sequential Selector.fsm
(99.03 KiB) Downloaded 1259 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Pad controlled vowel sounds

This is a rather cute module for controlling vowel sounds (formants) using an x-y pad. Each corner of the pad can be assigned to a vowel sound and the pad can be used to change the mix while playing a MIDI keyboard. Great fun!

Spogged:
Nothing but I was tempted to change the envelope generator. I resisted.

Author: SMTB Technics (I presume).

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
XYFormant.fsm
(566.12 KiB) Downloaded 1244 times
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples