Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Postby Spogg » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Tabbed selector

Comes configured for 7 tabs but looking at the schematic it should be easy to change the number of tabs.

Spogged:
Selected a lovely orange colour for the tabs :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Tabbed selector.fsm
(6.55 KiB) Downloaded 1461 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:45 am

Patch cable router

A quite remarkable signal router using beautifully animated patch cables. Looks very configurable.

Spogged:
Named the top level module for my toolbox. Nothing else!

Author: MyCo

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Patch cable router.fsm
(348.25 KiB) Downloaded 1452 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Tick multiplier

This simple schematic multiplies a tick x5 or by any amount according to the number of Sample and Hold Prims in the tickx5 module. I tested 10x and it worked. To reset the counters just click on their displays.

Can someone please explain how this works? I would never have thought of this; it must use some feature of green stuff that I'm not aware of. Fascinating!

Spogged:
Changed the controlling Boolean Prim for a switch.

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Tick 5x .fsm
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 1360 times
Spogg

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:58 pm

nice tool, the trick is to split a trigger into more then one sources, first the trigger is send to the first connection, then to the second, then to the third and so on...
when cou collect the triggers again into one connection you get them doubled after 2 connections 3 times after 3 conections and so on..
you get the same result just doing a module with more then one inputs and an output with the collected inputs..

another question is how much sense this makes, because it is a green thing, mostly to do gui action where normally update frequency of 100 ticks is enough generating 500 ticks a second doesn't make much sense normally, you also need to hold in mind that the green "GUI thread" easily gets overloaded with high triggerfrequencies...

btw the screen update rate normally is about 60HZ so more is not needed.. also the time between the ticks is unstable because of stream (audio) (blue and white) priority.

for smooth controllerchanges where a higher resolution would be useful its better to use dezippers..

the only thing i could think of a good use is that using it to avoid the 100 tick and only use a slow 25 tick and "multiply " it by 2 or 3 to get a faster tick where needed...
Nubeat7

Postby Spogg » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Unison oscillator system

This clever module allows you to use just one osclliator for any number of unison voices. You can decide on the number of voices (no limits), the stereo panned position of the range of voices and the amount of detune across the voices.
I wish I'd known about this before I made my Quilcom Unison which did things the hard way! I don't think this method saves any CPU over multiple oscillators but it's so much more elegant and simplifies the schematic considerably.
The author has presented this in a basic demo synth so it's ready to try.

Spogged:
Changed the stock multi-osc for Martin Vinacek's which contains optimised oscillators inside. Quick checks showed a saving of about 15% of the displayed CPU on the sawtooth wave (dropped from 7% to 6% total on the demo synth with 16 voices set and 4 notes pressed).

Author: C.Hackl

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Unison with detune, pan and any amount of osces .fsm
(728.44 KiB) Downloaded 1469 times
Last edited by Spogg on Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Stereo frequency band splitter

These stereo splitters have a lovely graphic interface. Very intuitive and simple to operate and when tested worked very well.
One is set up for Poly Stream, the other for Mono Stream.
You can input the cutoff frequencies directly in hertz and the graphic changes accordingly.
Easily configured from the Properties view to get the colours and preset name you want.

Spogged:
Copied the help text into a top level label and added a label describing the left/right outputs.

Author: Exonerate (Exo)

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Graphic Frequency Splitter (optimised).fsm
(89.79 KiB) Downloaded 1520 times
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:16 pm

always look forward to 'Greatest Hits' postings.

Thanks Spogg :)
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:20 pm

RJHollins wrote:always look forward to 'Greatest Hits' postings.

Thanks Spogg :)

Thanks RJ!
I really enjoy doing it. It's like panning for gold. Throw away a lot but occasionally find a nugget!

Merry Christmas to all

Spogg
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:57 pm

I want to look into the 'Stereo frequency band splitter' to see if there is a way to add a LOCK the 2 mid-points.

The reason: It could make a useful 'focus' tool listening to a selected zone of a waveform to help zero in on a problem that would be addressed with an EQ.

Rather like a 'band solo' for EQ's that don't have that feature.
RJHollins

Postby tulamide » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Spogg wrote:Unison oscillator system

This clever module allows you to use just one osclliator for any number of unison voices. You can decide on the number of voices (no limits), the stereo panned position of the range of voices and the amount of detune across the voices.
I wish I'd known about this before I made my Quilcom Unison which did things the hard way! I don't think this method saves any CPU over multiple oscillators but it's so much more elegant and simplifies the schematic considerably.
The author has presented this in a basic demo synth so it's ready to try.

Spogged:
Changed the stock multi-osc for Martin Vinacek's which contains optimised oscillators inside. Quick checks showed a saving of about 15% of the displayed CPU on the sawtooth wave (dropped from 7% to 6% total on the demo synth with 16 voices set and 4 notes pressed).

Author: C.Hackl

Cheers

Spogg

Do Vulcans celebrate anything on earth's 24st of december? :lol:

No, the real question is this: This schematic uses an ADSR in Assembler made by MyCo, called "MYCOs Envelope P9". I don't expect MyCo to remember things he did back in 2009(?). But if you could find anything about this ADSR in your database, I would be very interested! I currently don't understand how the lengths are calculated (I want to show the time in seconds for A, D and R, and make it switchable to note lengths, which is why I need to understand this).
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples