Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

MultiSampler

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: MultiSampler

Postby Spogg » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:34 am

I haven't tried it in detail yet but I do like the interface so I would say this is the right direction KG. Very nice!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby KG_is_back » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:41 pm

OK guys, another update.
Now all looping modes are implemented. All combinations of attack sustain and release phase are available and working OK-ish. Problem I have is, CPU goes way up and will go even more as I add additional channels (current version still works with 1 channel only, evne though GUI suggests 8). I'm unsure how to solve the issue.
Attachments
gsampv0.2.0.fsm
(48.3 KiB) Downloaded 1118 times
KG_is_back

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:55 am

Have you profiled the code to see where most of the CPU is spent? You might consider hopping for control signals, for instance you could convert pitch to period at hop(32). Not sure how much that helps though.
martinvicanek

Postby KG_is_back » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:08 am

martinvicanek wrote:Have you profiled the code to see where most of the CPU is spent? You might consider hopping for control signals, for instance you could convert pitch to period at hop(32). Not sure how much that helps though.

The CPU seems to be rather evenly spaced across the board. Each voice has 3 clocks. Each clock has two int parts and frac parts (one pair for counting time and one for counting readout position). A code version of the clock would look something like this:
Code: Select all
temp=f+step;
f=temp%1;
i=i+(temp-f);

Also, each sample the value of (i+f) is compared with section-end-points to determine whether attack/sustain/release phase is ended.

I have two possible ideas how to make it more efficient. One would be to switch to double floats, which would circumvent int<->float conversions for rounding purposes until the very end. The downside is, that the value of the clock needs to be checked each sample for section-transitions.
Second option is to hop the dumping of the fractional. Something like:

Code: Select all
f=f+step;
hop(32){
temp=f%1;
i=i+(f-temp);
f=temp;
}

This would however not remove the issue - the integer and fractional part still need to be calculated each sample for readouts.

Another big CPU eater is the waveArrayRead prim - there are 3 per voice.
KG_is_back

Postby tulamide » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:40 am

Short not, KG, you know why. You're not forgotten.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Previous

Return to User Examples