Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DSPplug tick100

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

DSPplug tick100

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu May 28, 2020 3:53 pm

A better, more predictable tick100.

DSPplug tick100.fsm
(31.44 KiB) Downloaded 1127 times
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: DSPplug tick100

Postby Spogg » Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Very interesting!

And I like the trigger rate counters very much.

I guess the ticks won’t be evenly spaced, but that’s normal for green anyway.

I also wondered why you called it DSP…

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Thu May 28, 2020 6:49 pm

This makes no sense. A ticker is there to fire one trigger per selected timespan, for example one trigger per 0.1 s

You just send 3 triggers per timespan. Of course, a rms will take them all into account, but that is not a rate of x Hz. Divide the rate by 3, that's the actual speed in Hertz.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu May 28, 2020 8:07 pm

I agree but I'd discovered the phenomenon the other day. It still makes no sense to Me at all :) And it's called DSPplug because that's going to be the new name of VSTplug, I bought the url. And also products so as to be making aax, au and mac vst as well.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 pm

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:I'd discovered the phenomenon the other day.

There is no phenomenom. You just don't deliver what you praise. It's no big deal to have a 33 Hz trigger. And of course it pretends to be more stable, since it's only 33 Hz multiplied. And of course it's not the rate you pretend to have.

See, you can have a one second timer and send 200 triggers every second. That doesn't make it a 200 Hz timer.

That'S, what you did here. Plain and simple. And unusable.
tulamide

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:52 pm

tulamide wrote:
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:I'd discovered the phenomenon the other day.

There is no phenomenom. You just don't deliver what you praise. It's no big deal to have a 33 Hz trigger. And of course it pretends to be more stable, since it's only 33 Hz multiplied. And of course it's not the rate you pretend to have.

See, you can have a one second timer and send 200 triggers every second. That doesn't make it a 200 Hz timer.

That'S, what you did here. Plain and simple. And unusable.

Just the other day I invented stereo from mono and you're busy flaming, still... you suck the life out of this board. You called me a troll but you have it so backwards. I like your coding sometimes, but you're rarely constructive.

It makes Me come here less and less. You bring the board down and you don't bother testing most things. I provided a testing environment made by someone else so that people could compare with this method and ruby. And it is not 33hz it's in fact 98,99-100hz as an average.

And the reason for that being affected is simple, ticks trying to tick at the same time conflict meaning that the other ticks compete and slow down the others. And the problem that I have had is that ruby when attached to anything complicated causes memory issues.

So instead of something constructive, you come along and make My post into something negative. You take the positive thing I am trying to achieve which could probably be improved and slow down progress. This forum could be so much more productive if people would realize that not only do they have an intellectual responsibility, but a social one. And that it's not weak to care, care about a hobby care about testing and getting along with people.

I haven't seen any screenshots from you, the results of tests or rationale to suggest that there's reason for scrutiny, just some guess that's really anybody's guess, really. So, I'll be here less and less, too bad because between Phonics and I; we're the only two who've made a method to make objects move-able that are above a redraw layer such as an analyzer that's moving at near 100hz, like an EQ bell.

Look at the stock model that comes with this product, it doesn't even draw correctly. And how many people and how many years did it take to screw in that lightbulb?

I know it sounds lame, but try some positivism.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:09 am

I explained in detail, why this is not a "tick100". That you don't understand my explanation is not my fault. Just accept, when something isn't what you thought it was. That's life. And differentiates conspiracy theories from facts.

What you think of me doesn't change the facts at all, so that's also not an argument.

And seriously, I can only be amused by a statement like "I invented stereo from mono"...
tulamide

Postby k brown » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:59 am

Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:16 pm

tulamide, you obviously didn't look at the schematic though, there's three connections to a tick 100 prim, one is not divided and two are.

The tick 100 runs hot at 0.0155

So, if based upon your reasoning then the tick would be a different readout entirely, if there were no phenomenon, if there were no conflict the number would change, it would probably be a bit higher; but it isn't.

You didn't bother to test with aronb's tester, you didn't test ruby. You pretend to know and you don't test. It's annoying. I think you've gotten lazy.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby trogluddite » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:58 pm

It's an "proverbial omnibus simulator".

Just like the busses, you hang around waiting for a triger thats late, and then 2 or 3 show up at once! :lol:
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Next

Return to User Examples