Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Trautonium-like plugin

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Trautonium-like plugin

Postby k brown » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:31 pm

A few weeks ago, Spogg and I set upon the idea of a synth based on the proto-synthesizer electronic instrument from the early 30s, the Trautonium, invented by Friedrich Trautwein. There was an ancient Synth Edit vst by Rick Jelliffe called neumixturtrautonium, but it had labeling in German, obscure controls and a very ugly, bright yellow GUI.

Rather than doing this as a back-and-forth collaboration on a single project, we decided to do two very different spins on the instrument, as there were many incarnations of it over the years.

I waited to see what direction Spogg was taking before deciding on what form mine would take. It soon became apparent he was going in the direction of the much later, more complex versions, so I went the other way and did something closer to the original, simple instrument.

The incredibly ingenious slider bar at the bottom is entirely Spogg's work.

FREEdrich copy.png
FREEdrich copy.png (145.34 KiB) Viewed 9750 times

https://ln.sync.com/dl/62c9b9f70/bbjdaw ... 4504980004

Here's Spogg's FAR more sophisticated instrument, 'Trout':
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58028&p=170078&hilit=trautonium#p170078
Last edited by k brown on Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Return to User Examples