Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby k brown » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:11 am

Boy - you went deeper than I thought - two hats off!
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby BobF » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Great job K Brown!

Take care, BobF.....
BobF

Postby k brown » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Spogg wrote:. . .Essentially I modelled early analogue behaviour and often this meant emulating imperfections like tuning, keyboard scaling, system noise and oscillator waveforms (using Martin’s oscillators as a basis). Also it was essential to emulate free-running behaviour by having a random starting phase with note-on (thanks to Adam for that tip).
The other important thing was to get the filter as “right” as I could. I wasn’t really satisfied with the pre-made Moog ones I tried, so I made my own. I’m quite certain that Martin would vomit if he looked inside, but it works to my satisfaction. It features overdrive non-linearity, self-oscillation and reducing LF output with higher resonance settings. I even drew its schematic to look a bit like a ladder filter. . .

Spogg - I know you're swamped with ESQ-1 and other things, but I think it would be great if you put an info button in the bottom bar of mindY S that explains the above and any other info you'd like folks to know about the hot -rodding you did; this should be know to anyone using the plugin, not just readers of this forum.
k brown

Postby tulamide » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:15 pm

k brown wrote:
Spogg wrote:. . .Essentially I modelled early analogue behaviour and often this meant emulating imperfections like tuning, keyboard scaling, system noise and oscillator waveforms (using Martin’s oscillators as a basis). Also it was essential to emulate free-running behaviour by having a random starting phase with note-on (thanks to Adam for that tip).
The other important thing was to get the filter as “right” as I could. I wasn’t really satisfied with the pre-made Moog ones I tried, so I made my own. I’m quite certain that Martin would vomit if he looked inside, but it works to my satisfaction. It features overdrive non-linearity, self-oscillation and reducing LF output with higher resonance settings. I even drew its schematic to look a bit like a ladder filter. . .

Spogg - I know you're swamped with ESQ-1 and other things, but I think it would be great if you put an info button in the bottom bar of mindY S that explains the above and any other info you'd like folks to know about the hot -rodding you did; this should be know to anyone using the plugin, not just readers of this forum.

...except the "Martin would vomit" part :lol:
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby k brown » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Well, yes I suppose so.

But now, - HELP! This is probably an ancient complaint, but what makes this appear? I'm now locked out of all my schematics. I open a project I was working on just last night, and -

typeNotFnd copy.jpg
typeNotFnd copy.jpg (314.33 KiB) Viewed 20559 times

'Type not found'? - isn't there only one type of SM schematic? Can't even close the program when this happens, I have to Task Manager out of it. Happens on every schematic I try to open. The schematic itself is OK, it opens fine on my other computer; but this one has my best-stocked toolbox. Does this mean I have to re-install the program, which I assume will mean I lose everything in my toolbox? SM Pro 2.0.5, in case it matters.
k brown

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Spogg wrote:I’m quite certain that Martin would vomit if he looked inside, but it works to my satisfaction. It features overdrive non-linearity, self-oscillation and reducing LF output with higher resonance settings.

That sounds interesting. Over at KVR the Moog ladder filter and later variants are regarded as the holy grail in VA modeling. The effort spent in that area is sheer insane. So I wonder, Spogg, knowing your pragmatic, intuitive approach, what you came up with?
martinvicanek

Postby Spogg » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:23 am

martinvicanek wrote:That sounds interesting. Over at KVR the Moog ladder filter and later variants are regarded as the holy grail in VA modeling. The effort spent in that area is sheer insane. So I wonder, Spogg, knowing your pragmatic, intuitive approach, what you came up with?

Hi Martin

The filter is in the Quilcom ASS:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8705&hilit=quilcom+ass

It simply emulates the topolgy of the original electronics. You need a tiny amount of noise in the input to get it to self-oscillate.

I would recommend you have a bucket to hand...

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 am

k brown wrote:

Are users of the plugin really interested in such technicalities do you think?
I've put it on my to-do list so I won't forget, but it may take some time to get around to it.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby nix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:36 am

Hey KB,
that error is when the schematic is made in a newer version of SM.
Have you tried uninstall,reinstall 2.0.5- ?
nix

Postby Spogg » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:40 am

k brown wrote:But now, - HELP! This is probably an ancient complaint, but what makes this appear? I'm now locked out of all my schematics. I open a project I was working on just last night, and -

'Type not found'? - isn't there only one type of SM schematic? Can't even close the program when this happens, I have to Task Manager out of it. Happens on every schematic I try to open. The schematic itself is OK, it opens fine on my other computer; but this one has my best-stocked toolbox. Does this mean I have to re-install the program, which I assume will mean I lose everything in my toolbox? SM Pro 2.0.5, in case it matters.

Did you try to delete the contents of the Recovery folder?

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Flowstone\Recovery

Obviously it won't be under "Flowstone" and I'm not sure that Synthmaker does this anyway, but if you have such a folder, and there's something in there, it's probably a corrupt schematic. Just delete what you find.

I found with Flowstone that if you do need to re-install it you won't lose your toolbox. But back it all up first!

Good luck!

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples