Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby DrewDale » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Link for a short mp3 & read me regarding MX-JR.
https://db.tt/VrdeG3IjsH
FL Studio 12.4 Using - Arturia / TAL / XILS / K. Brown plugins.
DrewDale

Postby k brown » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 am

DrewDale wrote:Link for a short mp3 & read me regarding MX-JR.
https://db.tt/VrdeG3IjsH

Two utter mysteries surrounding Mx-Jr:

1. I hear no glitches in the mp3.

2. In exploring the schematic to look for anything that might be amiss, I discover that the filters' keyboard tracking isn't working at all properly - behaving completely bonkers. A couple of hours wasted trying to run it down. Gave up and pulled it from the main folder till I can figure out what gives. Tried everything I could think of - replaced the 1/3, 2/3 switches with a 0-1 knob - no change. Can find nothing screwy with the MIDI Pitch situation. It's not Matin's re-tuned SVF - I've got it in a bunch of synths; keytrack works fine.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby DrewDale » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm

I don't really know then. I get the audio glitch in the VST and as an mp3 played on another computer. It is only the MX-JR that I have this problem with, over 300 vst synths and drum machines all function correctly including all the other vst's in your collection (even a lot of the non named parameter synths) It is very strange. But for now I will use your Matrix 6 and eXpando synths as a substitute.
DrewDale

Postby k brown » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Well - got the filter KB tracking worked out; there was something buggy about the MIDI-Poly module. This may also address the glitches - give it a shot.

Mx-Jr.dll.zip
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 930 times

If still getting the glitches try this version, which leaves out the 'Random Volt' CV, which could make for some twitchiness:

Mx-Jr_nr.dll.zip
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 942 times
k brown

Postby DrewDale » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 pm

MX-JR_nr is the closest to glitch free, but not gone completely. still get it bad on the first .dll in the above post.

It seems to be something to do with EG4 (VCA)
DrewDale

Postby k brown » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 am

All the Envs are identical - so,

I think we can only conclude this some odd quirk of the combination of this particular synth and your particular system - I can't detect any glitching of any kind, so it's kind of impossible for me to address it.
k brown

Postby k brown » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi all you Flowstone Gurus out there (in here?); up to now I've tried to avoid asking for help actually building something (well except for hinting that someone pitch in with the Buchla Source of Uncertainty and sequencers), but now I plead for assistance with something that I just can't get to on my own.

I've been pretty happy with the progress I've make with the ARP 2500 emulations, but a couple of the systems I've assembled really are in need of mixers. The only one ARP ever made for 2500 was the 1050 Mix-Sequencer. Building the mixer part was no problem, but the 'sequencer' function has got the best of me. The 1050's sequencer function was not a sequencer in the usual sense - it didn't generate a series of control voltages, but rather switched a series of audio inputs on and off in sequence at up to audio rates. So clearly the answer can't be found in the various SM/FS Step LFO/Trance Gates that have been built. Using stream-to-floats to switch selectors on/off is very clumsy and at rates above a slow clip-clop it has two left feet. I don't know if this can be done with greens somehow or requires writing code, but trying everything I know how to do has gotten me nowhere. Before giving up and just using my Mixer-only version, I thought I'd put up an appeal here.

1050.JPG
1050.JPG (70.98 KiB) Viewed 26664 times

Description from the 2500 manual:
1050 pg1 copy.jpg
1050 pg1 copy.jpg (235.04 KiB) Viewed 26664 times

1050 pg2 copy.jpg
1050 pg2 copy.jpg (178.48 KiB) Viewed 26664 times

Even just the mixer part is a pretty cool unit - it can be two four-input audio-or-CV mixers, or a single eight input mixer with each sub-group of four having it's own master output level. Exclusive-on buttons instantly mute all inputs but that one, each input can be shut off individually without disturbing it's level adjustment, etc.

Also the description of the Counter/Mixer switch is rather obtuse and I've yet to completely grasp it.

Thanks so much.
Last edited by k brown on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
k brown

Postby k brown » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:45 pm

An example of an assemblage of modules that could really use a mixer:

tonus Nineteen70 d_small 640w.jpg
tonus Nineteen70 d_small 640w.jpg (256.5 KiB) Viewed 26664 times

The only mix function here is the four-input mixer in the 'Filtamp' (VCF/VCA); one could use those up pretty fast.

My stumbling attempt:

Mix-Seq.jpg
Mix-Seq.jpg (78.19 KiB) Viewed 26664 times

mixSeq work.osm.zip
(289.48 KiB) Downloaded 929 times

Only three inputs per mixer, because in my emulation of the switch matrix, only eight switch positions per module fit. The 1050 had eight inputs and two outputs; the 2500 had 10 switches per module slot.
k brown

Postby Spogg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:45 am

Maybe have a look at the fast mixer in my Quilcom NINE?

This uses a changing level (e.g. ramp) to do a linear cross-fade between 9 successive inputs but is easily adapted for the operation range of each stage. It runs at poly stream rate and of course is not limited to audio. Martin Vicanek kindly did the ASM optimised version for me.

Maybe this could be adapted. Of course it's made with Flowstone, but the ASM module code is the important part.
Just what are you able to do with the FS demo now that the time limit has expired?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Hey Spogg - thanks for giving this a think.

Unfortunately, I just re-downloaded the FS trial and got a screen saying my trial has expired - I guess it puts a time stamp in your computer and you have to wait, what - a year or something?

Gonna see if I can download it to another computer.
k brown

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples