Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Phase Modulation Experiments

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Phase Modulation Experiments

Postby BobF » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:15 pm

BobsPhaseModTestsWmidi.fsm
(73.83 KiB) Downloaded 1215 times

Hello gang,

I have always liked that meeeow sound you can get by feeding a square or saw tooth wave into a high Q low pass or band pass filter and sweeping the frequency, but I have never heard it from a sine wave. Well I came up with a patch to do so, and in some respects I even think it sounds better and is even more versatile. It uses "Phase Modulation". Now this has been talked about in the past in posts like, "Irregular sine waves", "the DX7", and others, but I have never seen any other effects added to the phase modulations path. In this FSM I have added a State Variable Filter in the modulation path, and as you can see the oscillator is set for sine waves. Playing around with the filter cutoff , res, and the modulation gain, plus the ADSR you can get some really cool sounds. Just play with it a lot to see what I mean.

P.S., for a whole new range of sounds try other effects in the modulation path. I have used with great success, delays, pitch shifters, freq shifters, dividers, distoration, and etc..

Well that's it, have fun and PLEASE report any cool sounds/patchs you may find or come up with.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Return to User Examples