Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

K2 - Peak Compressor

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: K2 - Peak Compressor

Postby Iainmf » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 am

Have you considered adding a 'hold' element to help smooth ripples?

I've added a hold section into your test schematic so you can see what it does.

Through some experimentation, I have found '2 pass' of a short peak hold time better at reducing ripples than a single longer hold time.

Edit: there is something wrong with my Peak Hold code that can screw up the audio output even if is only connected to a meter. It shows the principle, but Don't use it in your schematics.
Attachments
EnvolpeFollowerCompare-with hold.fsm
(400.25 KiB) Downloaded 1017 times
Iainmf

Postby Rocko » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks. Using the HOLD function gives interesting results.
To my mind a 'dual pass' mechanism will give the same result as a 'single pass' mechanism with doublt the 'HOLD' time, if hold is long enough to flatten the sine wave shape.
Rocko

Postby Iainmf » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:31 am

Rocko wrote:Hi,

Thanks. Using the HOLD function gives interesting results.
To my mind a 'dual pass' mechanism will give the same result as a 'single pass' mechanism with doublt the 'HOLD' time, if hold is long enough to flatten the sine wave shape.

I thought that too, but 2 pass seemed better when I tested. But now I can't replicate the behaviour :(

In any case, you don't need a particularly long hold time to flatten envelopes in the entire audible range.
Iainmf

Previous

Return to User Examples