Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Quilcom Flooper Modified (Fun Looper)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Quilcom Flooper Modified (Fun Looper)

Postby newdsp » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:10 am

I modified the the Quilcom Flooper to have multiple recorders and input panning on each recorder. I also had to change the UI to make everything fit more properly on the screen. Here is the video and the download links are in the video description. There are multiple modified versions listed there.

To get the recorders back in sync make tempo changes in your host and that should re-trigger them back in sync.
Or you can use the "FAST ERASE" button. That gets them triggered back in sync too. Use 7zip to extract the files.

Direct Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rlQYxc ... sp=sharing
Short Video Demo: https://youtu.be/pSXZudZpfiY
Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bk_sI0 ... sp=sharing

[Moderator comment] All the schematics in this topic are made with a FlowStone alpha version so won’t load into any FS version 3. We should always make a note to that effect when sharing any work here.

Updated Correction: All schematics in this thread are made with Flowstone 3.0.9 Beta2 (v3.0.9b2-3078-g4cd0529) so they should load in that specific version just fine.
Last edited by newdsp on Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newdsp

Re: Quilcom Flooper Modified (Fun Looper)

Postby Spogg » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:24 am

An excellent modification Lucian and nice video.

Well done!

:D
Spogg

Postby newdsp » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:14 pm

First of all, you did the most complicated parts so I have to thank you more. Anyway there are still a few bugs left and more modifications needed. I will try to fix it because it seems that sometimes the loops get cleared by midi CC messages. I'm guessing it has something to do with the pedals or pedal controls which I don't really use. When switching audio drivers the already recorded loops get cleared/erased and also when pressing Play/Stop/Play/Stop multiple times in FL Studio transport bar. Probably from midi CC reset messages or something.
newdsp

Postby Spogg » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:42 pm

newdsp wrote:First of all, you did the most complicated parts so I have to thank you more. Anyway there are still a few bugs left and more modifications needed. I will try to fix it because it seems that sometimes the loops get cleared by midi CC messages. I'm guessing it has something to do with the pedals or pedal controls which I don't really use. When switching audio drivers the already recorded loops get cleared/erased and also when pressing Play/Stop/Play/Stop multiple times in FL Studio transport bar. Probably from midi CC reset messages or something.

Interesting!

When you switch an audio driver the schematic gets recompiled and all audio data then gets lost. If you just click on the blue input to the driver prim, this will also clear the audio data.
The other issue about CC I didn’t see myself but I’d be interested to know what you find…
Spogg

Postby newdsp » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:11 pm

I was thinking that maybe it has something to do with midi CC codes but I only noticed the sustain pedal code so far. Anyway, here is a more simplified version, with 4 recorders packed into 1, but at some point they get out of sync and it's not clear how to get them back to normal. Use 7zip to extract it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IHIK44 ... sp=sharing

It turns out that only the metronome is getting out of sync. The loop players still seem to be in sync after changing the tempo in the host up or down and then back to the original tempo.

And here is the latest version. 2 loopers with 4 recorders each for a total of 8 loop tracks but it's not getting back in sync when the host tempo is changed and then set back to the original tempo. Flooper v1.009 was getting back in sync but this one is not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nXVjGr ... sp=sharing

Update: I solved it by adding a restart LED switch. That should get them back in sync for a while.
Made with Flowstone v3.0.9b2-3078-g4cd0529

Update: When I reloaded v1.017 the metronome from the left side was not sounding the same as the one from the right side. So here it is again. Hopefully both metronomes work now.
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.017 .fsm
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 877 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.017 .fsm
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 857 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.015 .fsm
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 882 times
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:22 pm

I found more problems with v1.017.

1. When recording a loop at tempo of 100 with the speed set to 0.8 the metronome is not in sync.
2. When the recorded loop is set back to speed of 1 the sound is not clean anymore.
3. The tempo and bars numbers are not being centered in the box.
4. The metronome turns off when speed is not 1.
5. Recording with the speed set to 0.8 decimates the sound.

Here is the link for all the modifications I tried so far.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:12 pm

OK. Here it is. I found out why the recorded sound gets cleared by FL Studio transport. There are 2 options to reset all plugins on transport and that reset completely destroys all the recorded loops. Just turn those options off in the Audio Settings and also in the plugin wrapper under the Troubleshooting tab. That should fix it for the moment until we come up with something better.
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:28 pm

This one is the latest version. I added a global sync restart button at the bottom of the UI. There is also a problem with the sound being destroyed by clipping despite all the limiters that are built in. Try to run the plugin inside Flowstone and record 6 or 8 takes on top of each other without panning. That gets the recording completely destroyed so it wold be nice to at least have an undo button for the last 1 or 2 takes.
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.018 .fsm
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 891 times
newdsp

Postby Spogg » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:41 am

This is really nice now and well beyond my original vision. :shock:

We can’t undo a last take because the system continuously overwrites the memory where the data is stored.

I tried multiple takes and the sound can be driven into clipping. This is because the system is additive, so some audio peaks will add up as the sound accumulates. All that I had to do was turn the volume down and the clipping went away.

You could start with a lower volume and if the change of level is troublesome, as the loops build up, you could use an external compressor to even out the changes. It might be nice to incorporate an internal compressor on the output, just for user convenience.

As per the new moderator comment in the first post, others please be aware this is made with a FlowStone alpha.
Spogg

Postby newdsp » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:05 pm

I adjusted all the volume knobs to go from 0 to 1 and I added random/manual panning options for the input. I also ruined the UI so I'm still working on that. Trying to fix it. I think the peak limiter needs to be part of the recorder code but I need to study it more.

The undo can be theoretically implemented by using a separate recording buffer for each take and then merging only the takes/buffers that are marked as good. Is it possible to create an array of recording buffers and switch to a new one every time the loop end point is reached ?

Anyway I duplicated the recorders (2 x 8 recorders) but there is no global merge function to consolidate/merge 8 loops into 1. The CPU load is also higher. I tried to use the recorder 9-16 for mixing tracks 1-8 but the recording and playback needs sync start and sync stop to record only one take at a time without any overlaps or overdubs. All mods are found here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
newdsp

Next

Return to User Examples