Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Get Tempo And Set Tempo

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Get Tempo And Set Tempo

Postby newdsp » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:19 pm

How do I create a custom component that is able to get/set the tempo whenever I trigger it ? DSP ? Assembler ? Ruby ? Because the existing tempo component is not refreshing on plugin load. Especially when the plugin is added a second time. As in... The second instance of the plugin.
newdsp

Re: Get Tempo And Set Tempo

Postby Spogg » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:15 am

Just to clarify… is this with the crappy 3.09 beta still?
Have you tried it in 3.06?
Spogg

Postby newdsp » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:43 pm

Yeah. It's the 3.0.9. The other one (the 306) is even worse. The 3.0.6 probably works fine in Win7 or XP but in Win10 is not good.
newdsp

Postby Spogg » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:26 am

Ok, What DAW(s) did you try it in?
I ask because I hear that FL Studio has issues with sending out beat/tempo data or something.

If you want to share an example I can try it in Win 7 and Reaper. But in 3.06 please!
Spogg

Postby newdsp » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:55 pm

It looks like I kind of forced it to trigger the tempo reading by attaching an AfterLoad and AfterDup trigger to a Tempo multiplier but that doesn't really give proper control of the get/set tempo. How can I convert them to 306 when they were made with 309 ? It's in Reason 10 because 306 is not able to export 64bit plugins and Reason 10 only accepts 64bit. Here are the 309 files but I think they work now. Kind of. At least once in while. When the second copy of the plugin is added you have to move the tempo up and down to force it to detect it.

https://youtu.be/liifUdfBQeY
https://youtu.be/8u_Ze_15g6E
Attachments
WaveStepRSN10.fsm
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 825 times
WaveStepRSN5.fsm
(778.24 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
WaveArpRSN8.fsm
(279.97 KiB) Downloaded 804 times
newdsp

Postby tulamide » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Two remarks:

1) The comment about 3.0.6 being worse is simply wrong. It is the most stable version of Flowstone to date, and works just fine with Win 10. (Stay away from buggy 3.0.9 betas. The version number says nothing about improvements. It's misleading.)

2) Why is this question in user examples? It should be in general.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby newdsp » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:54 pm

306 might be the most stable version in Windows 7 but it's not the most stable version when it comes to Windows 10. I already tried it. It's also not able to export 64bit plugins therefore there is no way for me to test with Reason 10 since it needs 64bit plugins. It's in the user examples because it includes examples that don't read the tempo on load. You have to move the tempo up and down in the host for the plugin to detect the actual tempo.
newdsp

Postby deraudrl » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:57 pm

We really need a better way to refer to various versions. There are three distinct sets in play:

1. 3.0.6, generally agreed to be the last stable official release. It works well with all currently-viable versions of Windows, including Win10 20H2.

2. 3.0.7/8/9/whatever (available on dsprobotics.com), which are 32-bit, buggy, and incompatible in obscure ways with 3.0.6. AFAIK, they can NOT export 64-bit VSTs or standalones in any way, shape, or form.

3. FS4 Alpha, available only on the Slack development channel, which is 64-bit, still in development but getting ever-closer to release. The real problem is that, at least for now, it is horribly and misleadingly named: it officially carries a version number beginning with "3.0.9", which it most certainly is not. And the place to discuss problems with it is on the Slack forum, not here.

Failing to distinguish between #2 and #3 seems to be causing a great deal of confusion and people talking around each other. I realize there is some logic (or OCD) in reserving "4.0.0" as the first release of the 64-bit rewrite, but the day "FS4 Alpha" starts using a version number beginning with "4" cannot come soon enough. I fear that at some point it will advance from "alpha" to "beta" status and make the situation even worse.

Thus endeth the rant.
Last edited by deraudrl on Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby newdsp » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:55 am

Why don't you blame Microsoft and DSP Robotics for that scam ? I never said that versions should be incompatible with each other. If the Firefox browser is still compatible with the internet even at version 85.0.2 then I expect the same from Windows and FlowStone and everything else. Why do you blame me for compatibility scams that have nothing to do with me ? I prefer version v3.0.9b2-3319-gd51130b because at least it's trying to export some 64bit caricatures. All other versions are suck in 32bit mode which is not going to work for me. Here is another buggy example where the preset manager is not saving the patterns of the arpeggiator.
Attachments
FM-X v0.015.fsm
(297.95 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
FM-X v0.016.fsm
(297.85 KiB) Downloaded 793 times
newdsp

Postby tulamide » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:40 am

Use that version if you like. But don't flood this forum with it. This forum is for 3.0.6, for the alpha version there's the slack group. Also, you are working with an ALPHA version. It is not intended to be used for production. It is intended to be used to find and report bugs. Do that. On the slack group. Not here.

You're going on my nerves.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Next

Return to User Examples