Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

XVA1 - Hardware DIY VA Synth SysEx Controller / Programmer

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

XVA1 - Hardware DIY VA Synth SysEx Controller / Programmer

Postby Neptune » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:47 am

Hi All,

i have build a controller/programmer for the great DIY Hardware subtractive VA Synth XVA1 from René Ceballos.
The controller sends 7bit SysEx strings to the unit from every knob or button, based on the parameters specified in the documentation of the project.

Details about this great project can be found under https://www.futur3soundz.com/

The controller/programmer works for me as an exe and vst3 instrument in Cubase or Reaper.
Still trying to figure out some issues with MIDI CC, but midi-learn from within the DAW works well incl. automation events recording.

I now want to dump the factory presets from the EEPROM by sending the dump command.
I did the needed to read and convert the dumped sysex values to match with the FS float values. (0-1)
But i did not figure out how to hold the extracted value for a single parameter.
The knob keeps to be updated when a "false" is met. (Parameter ID not met)

Can someone please have a look. It might be something very simple i havent thought of.

As i have build the controller with the Alpha of FS to be able to use it with my main DAW Cubase i only attach here the main knob sending SysEx and the Dump approach i have hooked up. Rebuilt with 3.0.8.1 Skylark.

Many thanks !

Cheer, Neptune

P.S. In case you dont see the knob labels please install fonts Lato and Bastion on your machine.
Attachments
Front.PNG
Front.PNG (252.77 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
XVA1CON_Exe_Alpha01.zip
Alpha Version of the Windows Exe of the programmer
(4.02 MiB) Downloaded 462 times
Sysex_Send_7bit_Knob3.fsm
Knob to control XVA1 / XFM2 parameters.
(136.75 KiB) Downloaded 689 times
Last edited by Neptune on Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
Neptune

Re: XVA1 - Hardware DIY VA Synth SysEx Controller / Programm

Postby tulamide » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:15 am

Neptune wrote:But i did not figure out how to hold the extracted value for a single parameter.
The knob keeps to be updated when a "false" is met. (Parameter ID not met)

Hi Neptune,

The select prim will send the FALSE value everytime it receives a false from the boolean input, and the TRUE value everytime it receives a true trigger from the boolean input.

As I understand it, you only want to update the knob once, when parameter ID is X, with the parameter value that's present at that time. If that is correct, you want to work with the prims boolean to true trigger (resp. boolean to false trigger). They will only trigger once. But in my example, you have to make sure, that the parameter value is loaded, before the parameter ID is loaded, or else it will fill the knob with the previous parameter value.

Remember, this is just a tip to push you in the right direction, I'm sure you will face other issues further on, that we don't think of now.

Good luck!
Unfortunately I only have 3.0.6 and the alpha installed, so I had to save with the alpha.
Attachments
Sysex_Send_7bit_Knob3 (tula).fsm
(187.24 KiB) Downloaded 667 times
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: XVA1 - Hardware DIY VA Synth SysEx Controller / Programm

Postby Neptune » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:51 pm

Thank you so much Tulamide!
Best regards / Viele Grüsse
Nep
Neptune

Return to User Examples