Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Glitch Free Preset Switching

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Glitch Free Preset Switching

Postby User1 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:41 am

This small example is wireless and it works. The first one I tried didn't work. Either the names were wrong or the data type was not matching.
Attachments
Preset Manager Wireless.fsm
For FS 309b2
(9.24 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
User1

Postby User1 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:46 am

That one is still not wired properly. This one should work better. One press to save and one to load. But I have to figure out the rest. How to write to a file and to read it back. And then to apply the values back in a slow interpolated way or in a very quick way.
Attachments
Wireless 01.fsm
For FS 309b2
(9.19 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
User1

Postby RJHollins » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:21 pm

just following along the discussion ...

The mention of File Saving/Loading reminded me of an early project I was working on.

One of the 'Gurus' here mentioned a protocol called 'Marshal' ... something like that [I lost all those files to HD failure].

But it's possible some of that information made it to this FS forum [maybe ... was quite some time back].

sorry can't be more helpful ...
RJHollins

Postby billv » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:32 pm

RJHollins wrote:a protocol called 'Marshal

Here's some Save and Load modules,one uses the "File" routine while the other module uses "marshall".
I can't remember which "Guru" it was...so we give thanks and praises to the moonlight instead :lol:
Save and load.fsm
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
billv

Postby User1 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:41 pm

Thanks billv. I will have to look at it later to see if It can be used it for the blending or cross-fading or morphing between different presets or scenes. This wireless thing is working but it's only for one preset. It can be used as a reset back to default settings or something. I have to see how add more than one preset and how to morph or cross-fade between them without glitching the audio.

The attached files are for FS 309b2.

Here are 2 examples of what the plugin can do but it still needs a second global pitch shifting lane to be able to transpose the entire melody because the current pitch lane was used for making the bass line. I also tried to make the random loading of samples way faster but the wave drawing code is very slow and it's not doing it instantly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hAGZeu ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BKmtXr ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13cM-Oh ... sp=sharing
Attachments
Plugin And Samples.zip
(7.22 MiB) Downloaded 370 times
Wireless 03.fsm
(9.6 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
User1

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:08 am

billv wrote:
RJHollins wrote:a protocol called 'Marshal

Here's some Save and Load modules,one uses the "File" routine while the other module uses "marshall".
I can't remember which "Guru" it was...so we give thanks and praises to the moonlight instead :lol:
Save and load.fsm

Billv to the rescue .... THANKS ! all wise 'moonlight' 8-)
RJHollins

Postby User1 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:38 am

Here is a very optimized version. The wave form drawing is reduced to 16 samples so it's able to load the samples folder way quicker because of that. It's also able to randomize the wave files faster but the sound is still glitching a bit.

How to use it :

Have a folder full of wave files ready or use the included one. In the plugin click LOAD and select the folder that has at least 8 wave files inside. After loading trigger the samples using C4 to C5. Only the white keys are mapped. C3 is used to advance the pitch lane and A2 is used to reset the pitch lane back to step 0. Randomize the samples using the RAND button. The ENV button is used to randomize the decay of the envelopes between 0.2 and 0.45.
Attachments
WaveArray.zip
Edit it with FS 309b2.
(4.41 MiB) Downloaded 353 times
User1

Postby User1 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:28 am

I simplified the wave form drawing to be able to randomize the samples quicker and replaced the Layer Flip switch with a slider because the switch was not responding to automation but now the slider is completely killing the CPU when automated. Any ideas ? Is this a drawing problem or is it something else ? The switch was doing the layer switching way better but was not responding to automation clips in FL Studio.
Attachments
Layer Flip Slider Overloading CPU.fsm
For FS 309b2
(3.55 MiB) Downloaded 367 times
User1

Postby User1 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:23 pm

The automation of the knobs and switches is not working in FL Studio because it's only doing it visually without actually applying the commands that are linked to the switch. I think the switch is still waiting for a mouse click but the automation clip doesn't include any mouse clicks.

In the end I used note number 24 or C2 to trigger the layer switching and the cross-fading and the sample randomizing. When note C2 is active, Layer 2 is being played while Layer 1 is muted and randomized in the background. When C2 turns off then Layer 1 is activated and Layer 2 is being randomized.
Attachments
WaveSeq 013.fsm
Open it with FS 309b2
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 360 times
User1

Previous

Return to User Examples