Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Lin to freq

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Lin to freq

Postby trogluddite » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Drnkhobo wrote:so why does it have a pitch 2 freq converter inside for modulation? And why the *144???

I think for the reason that I mentioned before - to get that nice smooth sounding octave by octave frequency sweep, and to allow accurate keyboard tracking. The modulation input is intended for LFO's etc. which only have a 0...1 range, so the 144 is just to scale that up to the much bigger number range of the MIDI notes; so that all three inputs are using the same "units" before they are mixed together.

As the MIDI to Poly has a pitch output in addition to frequency, I guess the idea was that the developers were trying to save us the bother of needing to apply scaling tricks to our controls, by doing it 'automatically' inside the modules Which is quite a nice idea, and very thoughtful - but I think it backfired, because having three different ways to measure frequency has been a source of confusion the whole time I've used SynthMaker. And as you've seen in these posts, even after all these years at it, even I still jumble them up!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Previous

Return to DSP