Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

HELP PLEASE

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

HELP PLEASE

Postby BobF » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello gang,

Hi, I am looking for some kind programmer/coder to help me out. I need a module created! It can be ASM, DSP, or RUBY as long as it does the job. Here is the goal. Say I have an Integrator and I am feeding it with a Triangle, Square, etc. wave. As you know as the frequency goes up the amplitude goes down. I want a module created that will keep the amplitude the same throughout the audio range (20Hz to 20,000 Hz) or best fit. Well at least 4 to 5 octaves. If yo can help, thanks a million in advance.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Re: HELP PLEASE

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:23 am

Hi Bob

There's a topic on here which might be of use (not tried any examples myself...)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3448

Also, if you upload your integrator schematic showing the issue, it might help someone to help!

Cheers

Spogg

EDIT: I made this quick and dirty one for you to try. Seems to do what you want. You can edit the peak detector (made by Martin I think...?) via its Properties to change the attack/decay behaviour. Give it a try...
Attachments
constant output.fsm
A kind of AGC I guess but open-loop.
(155.82 KiB) Downloaded 1216 times
Spogg

Postby BobF » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Bobs_Integrator.fsm
(701.57 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times

Hello gang,
It needs to be more of a generic module for any stream type waveform.
It's NOT really for any one use, but hundreds possibly. See schematic.
Thanks again all.
Later then, BobF....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Bob

I've adapted my previous upload to your schematic.

Set 20 Hz. Adjust the input level knob to just peak the level meter. Set the output level you want.

Let me know if this helps...

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Bobs_Integrator with constant output module added.fsm
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 1259 times
Spogg

Postby martinvicanek » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:39 pm

If you have the frequency available like in your schematics use that for gain adjustment before the integrator. It is the cleanest solution wrt to transient artifacts. Really.

Otherwise I'd use something like the attached. The ratiaonale is to make gain adjustments before the integrator so potential clicks will be lowpass filtered (suppressed). But how do you know how much adjustment you need for compensation? Well In the attachment I compare the original signal envelope with the envelope after the signal has passed a dummy integrator then apply the inverse ratio to a VCA before the actual integrator.
Attachments
Bobs_Integrator_MV2.fsm
(678.94 KiB) Downloaded 1248 times
martinvicanek

Postby BobF » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:58 am

Hey Martin,
Thanks, that works great. I am putting this in my tool box for future use. I am sure there will be more uses for it to come.
Thank you for all your hard work.
Later then BobF....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:22 am

Excellent solution for Bob, Martin.
I see this relies on copying the integrator internally inside the leveller module. I guess you could put a copy inside of whatever function you have externally to get a constant output for any given function.

--------------------------------------

What I love about flowstone is that, like electronics or any type of engineering, there are often many ways to achieve a required result. Clearly some will have advantages over others. I suppose there will be a kind of unnatural selection going on with users who find that one approach is best and therefore will dominate. I tend to be pragmatic and use the first thing I find that does the job. However, like in my additive synths, you showed me a better way of achieving exactly the same sound but with an amazing reduction of CPU.

My name is Spogg and I'm a Flowstone addict.

:D
Spogg

Return to DSP