Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Help Please - Need to add phase to an oscillator

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Help Please - Need to add phase to an oscillator

Postby aronb » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:52 am

Hi (Hope Martin sees this)!

I need to have Phase added to this module type.

The schematic shows what I am trying to do... and I am in way over my head :oops: ! ! !

Need_to_add_Phase.fsm
Add Phase
(37.51 KiB) Downloaded 1053 times

Martin, can you possibly help please? Or anyone else for that matter.

PS I added some features to your "Dual Scope", please tell me what you think!

Thank You
aronb

Re: Help Please - Need to add phase to an oscillator

Postby martinvicanek » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:19 am

I have added a phase input but can't post (attachment quota has been reached). :(
The scope looks nice but there seem to be discontinuities in the display?
martinvicanek

Postby Spogg » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:20 am

martinvicanek wrote:I have added a phase input but can't post (attachment quota has been reached). :(

I believe this message is per-user, so you’ll need to send a message to Malc to reset it. It’s a total pain because the mods can't do it. :(

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:40 pm

It's like Covid-19, everyone's getting it.
Why is this happening; why don't they just stop - is DSPR running out of bandwidth or something?
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby trogluddite » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:19 pm

k brown wrote:It's like Covid-19, everyone's getting it.
Why is this happening; why don't they just stop - is DSPR running out of bandwidth or something?

Technically speaking, what's happening is... dunno! :ugeek:

The (lack of?) pattern does seem really odd, in that it affects individual users, yet it's definitely increasing in frequency, so it seems like some kind of overall server space effect as well, while at the same time the size of the upload which triggers it doesn't appear to make much difference.

As I've said before, the constant barrage of spam is probably making it worse. When we ban the bots, it doesn't delete their account details (including the NSFW avatars!), and we sometimes have to ban dozens every day (and night!). I daredn't guess at how much complete junk the server must be littered with by now.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby k brown » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:06 am

Starting to wonder if this whole community might be better served by moving to a completely independent platform; I know there's the Facebook group, but any other options?
k brown

Postby Spogg » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:10 am

k brown wrote:Starting to wonder if this whole community might be better served by moving to a completely independent platform; I know there's the Facebook group, but any other options?

I started the FB group because I had strong fears that DSPR would shut up shop. So it’s there as an alternative means of communicating with our friends here, should such a dreadful event occur. But FB is no way to replace this forum, it’s just a way of spreading news and keeping up contact.

Of course since then we got the Slack group, but that has a defined and narrow purpose; just for alpha testing and related stuff. And the capacity on the free version that Maik started is also very restrictive.

The problem with any alternative forum is splitting attention and focus. Of course what’s really needed is for DSPR (Malc) to take a more hands-on approach and it frustrates me that he doesn’t. The board software is old and barely fit for purpose these days, but nothing gets done. For example, on at least 2 occasions I emailed him begging him to remove those buggy 3.09 betas. Nothing happened, yet it would surely be the easiest thing in the world to take them down.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:16 am

I check in regularly on a number completely unrelated forums and have never encountered this problem - seems odd that a company that's in the business of computer software is utter incapable of licking this (unless they just don't care for some reason).

Slightly unrelated - I'm reminded of something that's always puzzled me - in many ways it's feels like synths/audio are the 'poor step-child' here at DSPR, yet it has by far the most forum posts. :? :?: :!:

But I'm now in danger of hijacking this thread.
k brown

Postby aronb » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:25 pm

martinvicanek wrote:I have added a phase input but can't post (attachment quota has been reached). :(

Hope this "quota thing" gets resolved soon... :?

"The way I understand the scope capture mechanism"

Scope, "channel" (1, 2, or ext.) triggering sets up the capture, and so if the second channel contains less than the number of samples, there will be a discontinuity. I guess you could use 2 different arrays, but the waveform(s) would still never match at the same point in time, and thus whichever channel is not the trigger AND is shorter than the wave triggering, you will get a discontinuity.

I have something else to solve, I love puzzles like this.

Also, here is an image of my laser display system, that is created using FlowStone... I can't wait to do this stuff everyday I get home from work - wish I could do it for my full time job... I would never sleep!!!

https://imgur.com/KuYY9aN

Aron
aronb

Postby pshannon » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Spogg wrote:
k brown wrote:Starting to wonder if this whole community might be better served by moving to a completely independent platform; I know there's the Facebook group, but any other options?

I started the FB group because I had strong fears that DSPR would shut up shop. So it’s there as an alternative means of communicating with our friends here, should such a dreadful event occur. But FB is no way to replace this forum, it’s just a way of spreading news and keeping up contact.

Of course since then we got the Slack group, but that has a defined and narrow purpose; just for alpha testing and related stuff. And the capacity on the free version that Maik started is also very restrictive.

The problem with any alternative forum is splitting attention and focus. Of course what’s really needed is for DSPR (Malc) to take a more hands-on approach and it frustrates me that he doesn’t. The board software is old and barely fit for purpose these days, but nothing gets done. For example, on at least 2 occasions I emailed him begging him to remove those buggy 3.09 betas. Nothing happened, yet it would surely be the easiest thing in the world to take them down.
Cheers

Spogg

I felt this way back 4 years ago. It seems to be no interaction from the company. I dropped out because I just figured this product would be abandoned. I even thought I was wasting my time learning more and building things. It really sealed it when I tried the beta and assuming it was backwards compatible and I lost many days worth of work during that time. As you said, why don't they remove the beta version if it is an epic failure? The information provided leads people to keep buying the product with the assumption it is still fully supported. I checked in every once in a while for the last couple of years to see how things are going. I was surprised to see so many discussions are still going on, I even thought nothing has changed with the product or any real news that development is still going on. Thanks for opening a FB page, I will try to join. As for sharing, is google drive or github a better way? We could also consider version controls for tools. I have real concerns that anything out side of actual ruby code will not be portable. Meaning all of our tools/projects will just die with no import / conversion. Why do I believe this? Look at the beta version as I described above tells it all.
pshannon

Next

Return to DSP