Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Warped FFT

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Warped FFT

Postby juha_tp » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:39 am

Paper: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/bc4b/2 ... e58600.pdf

Hmm... how can it be done in this code:

Code: Select all
% obtaining impulse response using cepstral processing
h = log(R);   % R^(k)  (R=magnitude squared response)
h = ifft(h);  % complex spectrum r^(n)
h = fft(h);   % R^mn(k)
h = exp(h);   % Rmn
h = ifft(h);  % h(n)
h = real(h);  % IR

which maybe is the culprit for some weird phenomenon in filter response (depending on filter type, affects in both ends of frequency spectrum) ... .

I would gladly like to try if WFFT could help in this issue. Can it be done ... ?
juha_tp

Re: Warped FFT

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:05 am

Warped FFT can be done, however it requires to run N allpass filters to warp the input data. That preprocessing spoils the FFT performance. You might just as well use Goertzel's algorithm for N log-spaced frequencies. ;)
martinvicanek

Postby juha_tp » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:47 am

Thanks,
actually, low performance would not be an issue since code listing in my post is part of a filter generation process (MIM/PIM method) which can be slow anyway.
I'll check that Goertzel algorithm later.

There's also some method called LFT (Logarithmic Fourier Transform) (PDF file link) I'm interested on but, dunno if it could be used... . Any thoughts?
juha_tp

Postby juha_tp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:58 am

If I have understood it right, LFT is implemented in python library "empymod" as FFTLog .... I could not find examples for to test it in audio application so, have to ask if someone of you have already tried if LFT/iLFT works for audio field applications (impulse response using cepstral processing as for an example) and what changes are needed to do for data compared to FFT/iFFT usage and is this all possible to port into FS? Compared to std FFT/iFFT, LFT seems to be "little" faster:

images_medium_figure7.gif
images_medium_figure7.gif (27.7 KiB) Viewed 11628 times
juha_tp

Return to DSP