Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Double-T-Filter

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Double-T-Filter

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Here is a little excercise inspired by BobF: a digital implementation of a double-T-filter. In the analog days this was a popular notch filter, primarily for its robustness wrt component tolerances.
Doppel-T-Filter.png
Doppel-T-Filter.png (5.64 KiB) Viewed 28658 times
The schematic below is a direct implementation of the corresponding nodal equations using an explicit Euler scheme. Nothing of a big deal really, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Attachments
Double_T_Filter.fsm
(9.77 KiB) Downloaded 1349 times
martinvicanek

Re: Double-T-Filter

Postby BobF » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi Martin,

Very cool! It came out quite nice. I think I have even learned something new!

After playing with this for a few hours (too many), can I change the resistors and capacitors to any value that would work in the hardware world or are there high and low limits on this one? If I can change values does dt also need changing? What is dt for, damping or ?

Thank you!

Later then, BobF......
BobF

Postby DigiTonix » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:52 am

Bravo!!! Martin... I like this :D Thanx for sharing!
Creative Technology for Bold Player's!
DigiTonix

Postby martinvicanek » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:27 pm

BobF wrote:can I change the resistors and capacitors to any value that would work in the hardware world or are there high and low limits on this one? If I can change values does dt also need changing? What is dt for, damping or ?

dt denotes the time step and is a constant equal to 1/samplerate. You can try out other resistor capacitor values as long as the RC time constant is large compared to dt. You could stretch it a bit further by replacing Euler with a more sophisticated ODE solver but if the system characteristic frequencies exceed Nyquist the only remedy is a smaller time step (oversampling).
martinvicanek

Postby DigiTonix » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:40 pm

When we talk about filters, we are talking about magnetude ... I want to learn more, you can simulate resistors сомpression ? :?:
Filter Compression.png
Filter Compression.png (23.35 KiB) Viewed 28619 times
DigiTonix

Postby KG_is_back » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 pm

very interesting. I always wondered how to simulate electric circuits but never had a clue...
KG_is_back

Postby BobF » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Hello gang,

I thought this was rather cool and shows another side of Flowstone's power. So how about a challenge for any of you good at coding(code, asm, or ruby). See if you can create some more resistor/capacitor circuits and maybe even other analog devices. Like transistors, fet's, diodes, and so on.
I would really like to join in on this, but I am not at all good at coding.

That's it then! Really hope to see more here soon. Good luck!

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby DigiTonix » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Hey ... BobF thinking right ...
I also want the different components of the flow !, different diodes, lamps, resistors, and other ...

Martin, is this possible? to make different types of chain links (I'm talking about analog circuits) ...

(Sorry my bad English, if you do not understand written)
DigiTonix

Return to DSP