Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

sin vs sin1, and other cognates (help !)

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

sin vs sin1, and other cognates (help !)

Postby guyman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 pm

hey hey

I'm in the alpha toolbox and I see stream math functions for sin1 cos1 and tan1, and I had some modules for these in the old version.. but I need sin cos and tan...

I know these are interchangeable, and saw a post about sin1 vs sin before... but things aren't adding up when I implement.. does anyone have a schematic that can show how to prepare an input for the sin1,cos1,tan1 ... to get the solutions for sin, cos, and tan.. or prims that just give the sinx cosx tanx.... each one.. STREAM/DOUBLE STREAM ONLY.. no green.

and any other handy stream functions would be killer right now... I'll dig thru what I got and share when I get home.....
guyman

Re: sin vs sin1, and other cognates (help !)

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:15 am

Flowstone's sin1 function is just the ordinary sine function with its argument scaled by 2*pi:

sin1(x) = sin(2*pi*x)

While a full cycle for the sine function is 2*pi (in radians), a full cycle for sin1 is 1.

Note that Flowstone's green implementation Sin is the ordinary sine function of an unscaled argument in radians, so bear that in mind when you precompute stuff in green.
SinAndSin1.fsm
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 773 times

I have noticed that the flowstoneguru site is down for good, so I post my collectiion of stream math functions below.
Attachments
MVs_Math_Functions_2.5.fsm
(38.62 KiB) Downloaded 811 times
martinvicanek

Re: sin vs sin1, and other cognates (help !)

Postby guyman » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 am

thanks bro !!
guyman

Return to DSP