Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Float scientific notation

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Float scientific notation

Postby pshannon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:35 pm

martinvicanek wrote:You can do this but frankly I would recommend Ruby. The Format String module is very picky about the format input: FS will crash on invalid specifier strings! :o :roll: :x

Thanks martinvicanek for the DSP version. I did make one with the Ruby too. They both behave the same way when hitting the 7 digit limit. It looks like when you released your DSP math pack, I will quote what you said: "while accuracy is close to the limit imposed by single precision (7 significant digits)." So I stumbled upon a limiting factor with 7 digits. I was trying to work on a virtual capacitor and most of the time with low voltage DC circuits you work in uF. 1 Farad (F) is equal 1000000 Microfarads (µF) (0.000001). This number is automatically displayed as 1e-006. For now with it being 6 digits the conversion will work, but I am still surprised that there is not a bigger float or integer DSP module to handle the larger numbers.

Regards,

QuadBIT
pshannon

Re: Float scientific notation

Postby Pali64 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:39 am

Hello There,

i known is an old Problem...
But i has the same problem again and again....
Many Moduls with the String-[FORMAT]-Box bring the FlowStone to crash is no String or is a wrong formatstring attached.

So i has made with other Primitiv an Format-Box
Inside can modify the "." to "," if you need.

Simple bring the Decimalpoint Position on (I) Input and this box format you String (without the Roundproblem)
and without Crasch when unpredicable Values are present.

Greeting Pali64
Attachments
Formatbox.fsm
String Formater with Primitives
(740 Bytes) Downloaded 232 times
We made Keyboard and Synthesizer for you
so all Poaple can kommunicate with a Language to all poaple understand
Music is the nicest work in World ;)
Pali64

Previous

Return to DSP