Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Super Stepper

Discuss robotics applications using FlowStone here

Super Stepper

Postby JB_AU » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:43 pm

irf7343.png
irf7343.png (9.63 KiB) Viewed 42311 times

While attempting to drive a stepper with the attiny85 and succeeding :D , one of my current projects uses the tiny85 with step & direction inputs and 4 outputs to drive a bipolar. So wanting to use a larger stepper 48v 3A i have just finished designing this!

The IRF7343 is a N&P Paired Hexfet (SO8) IC, if driven with SI 5v allows output up to 3.8A per phase. Yes it's an smd part, fiddly at best. The arrangement allows for easier integration, easier cooling & way cheaper than an equivalent SSR. It can handle 55V 4.8A if VGS (SI) is @ 10v.

@70c per unit vs $40+ per SSR of equivalent stats.

I hope somebody find this helpful :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Re: Super Stepper

Postby JB_AU » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Upload of
GRBL.zip
GRBL Toolpaths
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 3166 times
GRBL toolpaths
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Re: Super Stepper

Postby jjs » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:32 pm

thank you
jjs

Return to Robotics