Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Iron Ruby?

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Iron Ruby?

Postby VPDannyMan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 am

Is anyone using IronRuby to develop? If not are you using anything other than the FS Ruby component?
VPDannyMan

Re: Iron Ruby?

Postby trogluddite » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Not come across IronRuby before, but I have the standard windows Ruby installed. I find it quite handy to have a little "interactive Ruby" console open in the corner as a scratchpad for checking out new methods - one that I know won't interfere with the FS Ruby namespace.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Re: Iron Ruby?

Postby VPDannyMan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:41 pm

I looked into it last night and it has an interface for Visual Studio which supports intellisense. So I like the idea that when you press a dot, the entire object from the current level is shown to you..
Like fixnum. and all the methods at that level of the object will be shown in a menu. I just find it easier to work like that, and IR is free. Problem is I didn't get it to work thats why I was wondwering if anyone had any problems with it
VPDannyMan

Return to Off Topic