Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Just wanted to say how great this is!

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Re: Just wanted to say how great this is!

Postby tester » Wed May 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Don't tell me what I should say or not. Your talk towards me is inappropriate, and therefore I will not participate in your discussion. Sorry mate.
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby VPDannyMan » Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 am

Whatever...
VPDannyMan

Postby Tronic » Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 am

@trog
extra drunken night? :mrgreen:
Tronic

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:36 am

VPDannyMan wrote:Did you really want me to list all the threads here? If its a personal opinion, you should state it as that not as a fact as you did... As in "IMO its stable", NOT "It is Stable"... Clearly, not everyone has had the same experience that you have had. Messages like that get to the devs and lull them in a sense of confidence in the product that does not exist.

Now in terms of the links you posted.. In my opinion, of course FS is going to be a Robotics package and in the not to distant future, the VST development portion of it will become almost non existent. I don't think there is much money in the VST development side of it for them? Whereas, on the robotics side of things, there is usually a company as a customer not some poor college student eating KD in a dorm room. So its feasible that they could make a years worth of SM sales in one FS customer. So, in the end, who can blame them? I don't.. I'd do the same damn thing, I think any of you would too...
So, if VST development is to be phased out, then before they drop it, please leave a version FS that will hold its own for at least a couple years. Add 64 bit, and fix the Ruby, after that FS can hold its own in future whether they continue with VST or not and all of us can continue to do what we do. We are extremely good now at finding work arounds for errors already, so I'm confident that we would not need much more after that release.

Posts like the above do not help, lets face it with eyes open and ask ONLY for what we need is all...

Just my 2 cents...

I guess no one knows other than the developer which direction the software will take, but I recently bought FS for making VSTi stuff...it seems to me that the vast majority of the people on this forum are making VSTi stuff...there are almost no posts for a month in the robotics forum, most of the posts in the general forum relate top audio in some way....

I requested that the developer has a sub forum for 'audio' (he has one for robots and house hold automation) but so far nothing- I suspect this is because almost all the posts would end up in the audio forum!
Sean

Postby VPDannyMan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:28 am

Agreed most users are from the Audio world, but the future of the software IMO is in robotics...Its hard to say.. FWIW, the Ruby portion is now fixed, so all we really need is the 64 bit version done. Then once that's stable leave it alone and let the community build the product. Just DO NOT upgrade or change the internal ruby ever.. That would have serious potential to break all previous plugin releases. I may be wrong with that statement, but really we don't know what it will do as there is some weird shared memory (or something) with ruby.. What happens if you try to run two different versions?
VPDannyMan

Postby nix » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 am

I'm not sure if robotics will be the biggest application,
but the soft is a general purpose programming environment now,
we need a 'print' primitive IMO, so we can move into spread sheets.
nix

Postby VPDannyMan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:51 am

Spread sheets?
Do you mean like rewrite MS word type thing?
VPDannyMan

Postby RJHollins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:03 am

It would be nice to be able to generate data printouts.

I've read mention 'COM' ports ... is there access already available ?
RJHollins

Postby nix » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 am

yep, like Excel or Word,
if we could print our graphs it would be cool too.
Not a great deal of fun,
but accounting soft could be a good business move for me.
Cheers
Printers don't use com ports I think.
They are all USB these days.
nix

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:12 am

nix wrote:Printers don't use com ports I think.
They are all USB these days.

:shock:

Guess I won't be pulling out my old 'Dot-Matrix' printer out of storage any time soon :o

:lol:
RJHollins

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic