Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Guys, please help me get some more free Gb of cloud storage

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Re: Guys, please help me get some more free Gb of cloud stor

Postby Tzarls » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:06 pm

Ok, fair enough....

Now back to our thing.... who wants to help me get more Gbs?

https://copy.com?r=F8PiWV
Tzarls

Postby Tzarls » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm

We are at 30Gb now...
Tzarls

Postby MegaHurtz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:16 pm

Why not get like the unlimited hosting package? I payed $144 this year for the hatchling plan at hostgator.
Dont think theyre the fastest. But it says unlimited disk space. Maybe going to build a sample pool or something. "Hehe open unlimited storage server" :lol:
Else maybe dropbox? If it hasnt been used already.
192k @ 8ms
MegaHurtz

Postby Tzarls » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Well, right now I can´t spend a single $$$. And dropbox (which I already use for everyday non-critical stuff) doesn´t give the amount of space I need - as I wrote before, the photos and videos I want to back up need about 30-40Gb!
Tzarls

Postby tor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:52 pm

You should concider spending a small amount of money for a safe and secure backup solution. I will highly recoment http://www.jottacloud.com. 50 GB space is $3.4 / month. Not especially expensive :)
tor

Postby Tzarls » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:24 am

To be honest, there are 2 reason for preferring copy.com right now:

1. They have a Raspberry Pi app. I want to use a Rpi as a local file server, kind of a domestic file repository. And then via some scripting, every time I copy a file to that server I could have it automatically uploaded to the cloud.

2. If I had some money to spend I´d rather buy a couple of external hard disks to give redundancy to the system. And still use some remote and free cloud service. Maybe even set a remote cloud at my sister´s home (in another country) so both our Raspberries would be in sync, and if something happens to my RPis or hard disks she would still have a copy with my things. The problem is I have 0$ to spend on this kind of things right now, so I have to survive with what I can get for free.
Tzarls

Postby tester » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:56 pm

In other words... you need a job? Or - better job?
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby Tzarls » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Maybe a better one (anybody want to hire me to create the ultimate graphical programming platform? :lol: ). The problem is I spent last summer (January and february here) job-less, and that left us with some cash problems that we still have to solve. Plus when we sold our old house I left my home studio behind, and we haven´t been able to setup it up in our new place, and that means less work for me. Things are getting better now but spending cash on non ctitical stuff right now would be irresponsible.
Tzarls

Postby tester » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Yeah - if you are ready to make the "ultimate graphical programming platform" and give up to other person. :mrgreen: It's never that easy to give away your baby, isn't it? :-)

But more seriously. "Ultimate graphical programming platform" would be an investment with uncertain future. It isn't something that brings money "right now". Your "right now" is composed of two things: programming skills beyond what can be done in Flowstone and marketing skills for selling someone's else stuff (affiliate programs) on your own market (and I assume your are in US, because you speak on $). As for pt 2 - it's also a matter of knowing whether the product is easy to sell, or whether it fits into some unexpected needs that can become "trendy" with some effort.

So... What skills do you have again, what expectations and how much time outside your current job if you don't find a replacement? :ugeek: I remember MyCo made such a CV sometime ago on this forum, and I think it was interesting idea (searchable via google).
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby Tzarls » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:32 pm

tester wrote:Yeah - if you are ready to make the "ultimate graphical programming platform" and give up to other person. :mrgreen: It's never that easy to give away your baby, isn't it? :-)

But more seriously. "Ultimate graphical programming platform" would be an investment with uncertain future. It isn't something that brings money "right now". Your "right now" is composed of two things: programming skills beyond what can be done in Flowstone and marketing skills for selling someone's else stuff (affiliate programs) on your own market (and I assume your are in US, because you speak on $). As for pt 2 - it's also a matter of knowing whether the product is easy to sell, or whether it fits into some unexpected needs that can become "trendy" with some effort.

So... What skills do you have again, what expectations and how much time outside your current job if you don't find a replacement? :ugeek: I remember MyCo made such a CV sometime ago on this forum, and I think it was interesting idea (searchable via google).

My programming skills are ok I think... I´ve used c++ for a couple of years and managed to build my Genera prototype for 2 platforms already (still have to complete the port to Mac). BTW, I´m located in South Amércia (Perú) but I use $$$ because I gues its´ more understandable. About the product being easy to sell.... since my product also has a Raspberry Pi Linux port, and I´ve seen other (similar but not quite) projects like mine being funded for that platform, I guess I could use that version for funding the project. The problem is I can´t use something like Kickstarter from here.

What Myko´s CV are you talking about? CV like in "Curriculum VItae"?
Tzarls

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic