Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Fear of Bad reputation

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Fear of Bad reputation

Postby CoreStylerz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:08 am

Looking on KVR i've found alot of developers using Synthmaker and Flowstone.. But many commercial releases are not marked as "Made with Flowstone" "Made with Synthmaker"...

Are SM/FS developers fear for a bad reputation of these 2 programs?
Need websites or custom plugin web services?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, jQuery programmer
CoreStylerz

Re: Fear of Bad reputation

Postby RJHollins » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 am

no

the only hassle I hear is lack of 64-bit. This forces using a J-Bridge, which appears to be
1. NOT free
2. un-stable ??
3. a hassle ?

of course ... no one here has requested this :roll:
RJHollins

Postby tester » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:31 am

You don't need to be a programmer to use SM/FS. :mrgreen:

That's the case.

On one side - probably many non or poor programmers do stuff in SM/FS, which means it may not the best quality stuff (which makes a suggestion that the environment is bad), on the other side - if you are not a good programmer, and do easy stuff in SM/FS, then no wonder that you may have such sort of fear.

And third - if making things is so easy in SM/FS, then why to give an impression to others that it was so easy for you to make it? So that they come visit here and duplicate your stuff? "I just made a super hyper spectral filter yesterday. Took me about 15 minutes. I have no idea what I did, but it works. Cool. I can seel it now. But it's a secret." :mrgreen:

I guess these 3 variables make that impression.
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby CoreStylerz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Yes, it may be.
But if you are a seasoned programmer, you won't rely on Flowstone. :oops:
Ok there's alot people publishing some random-nosense-module-copy-paste things.. But you see that. There's no need to be a programmer too se that "The lastest anaolog super-x Compressor sidechainer with bla bla bla"... is a pure shit.

So yes, especially good programs seem to be not marked as "made with flowstone". But you can see it by the picture. :lol:
If someone is really good in programming and DSP, should use another framework.

Of course can be easy, but you can program too with SM/FS. ;)
CoreStylerz

Postby tester » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:13 pm

It's not that simple. There are few marketing tips too in the game I guess.

Besides - if an app is good - then why to point in what it was made? Did you see any official info on - in what environment was made reaper or cubase or waves? No - it's just an application, that works. Customer does not needs to know the stuff unrelated to pro audio work.
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby billv » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:12 am

CoreStylerz wrote:Are SM/FS developers fear for a bad reputation of these 2 programs?

Because the market has been saturated with dodgy plug-ins, there is a belief out there
that all plug-ins made by "click once to make vst" type programs....should be avoided.

Easy to see why developers want to keep details of the platform they used secret.
Why alienate potential customers....
BV MUSIC SYDNEY AUSTRALIA-Songwriting & Software Development.
http://users.tpg.com.au/billv
billv

Postby MegaHurtz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 am

tester wrote:And third - if making things is so easy in SM/FS, then why to give an impression to others that it was so easy for you to make it? So that they come visit here and duplicate your stuff?

Id invite you to try me tester, But then its no good to super KVR VA noob land either. :lol:
The trick is all PC devs are frustrated, some are sub average geeks that tend to think they can get rich of synthesis for PC and blame the world if they dont ;)
192k @ 8ms
MegaHurtz

Postby Nubeat7 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:11 pm

MegaHurtz wrote:
tester wrote:And third - if making things is so easy in SM/FS, then why to give an impression to others that it was so easy for you to make it? So that they come visit here and duplicate your stuff?

Id invite you to try me tester, But then its no good to super KVR VA noob land either. :lol:
The trick is all PC devs are frustrated, some are sub average geeks that tend to think they can get rich of synthesis for PC and blame the world if they dont ;)

it s more people like sonic xtc come into my mind ;)
Nubeat7

Postby CoreStylerz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Nubeat7 wrote:
MegaHurtz wrote:

it s more people like sonic xtc come into my mind ;)

Yeah. It's some kind of crazy guy. Of course this guy make me thinking about saying or not about the developing tool used. :D

"New CompX-Wave compressor effect released! Step PhilterX filterbank effect released! Freeware Hi-NRG Zone Retro LE released! "
And is coming : ultra-Wave-instument Effector Chours Anal-not-log Sine blending delayXNR323-GHHHK11
CoreStylerz

Postby VPDannyMan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:18 am

All I can say is it looks ridiculous that there is no 64 bit support, that no doubt adds to the reputational challenges all FS/SM users face. Or the ones that release effects anyways. If you are just doing this for yourself then fine, but a lot of devs are not..
VPDannyMan

Next

Return to Off Topic