Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

how to use i-device as midi controller?

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

how to use i-device as midi controller?

Postby tester » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:40 am

Question somehow related.

How to use iphone/ipad device as a midi controller? I assume there must be some app (like virtual keyboard or so) and some protocol to drive synths on Windows. But I'm stuck with it. I guess, there would have to be some sort of Windows driver, that recognizes i-device as midi controller (and second part of the question - can this work via lightning cable or it requires something else?). So in general - what are the options and how to combine this to make it work? Someone played?
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Re: how to use i-device as midi controller?

Postby Nubeat7 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Nubeat7

Postby tester » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm not sure if this is it what I look for.

Scenario is like this. If normally I connect midi keyboard to PC, then any host will see it as usb midi device, and I just use it. I'd like to connect iphone/ipad in the same way - as a midi controller. So the question would rather be - is there any driver for Windows, that will see connected i-device (lightning cable->USB) as midi controller, and on the other side - what sort of software would have to be running on iOS, to make the device act as a midi controller.

Since this irig can convert lightning data into midi signals, then it should be also possible to do this via regular Lightning->USB cable. Or...?

I don't want to control external midi devices, I just would like to have midi controller for PC apps.
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
tester

Postby Nubeat7 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:40 am

Nubeat7

Postby tester » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:16 am

Yeah, my google is cheating on that right now. :mrgreen:

p.s.: not android. I don't have droid device, and rather will not have one.

But I'm wondering why not directly on cable (idevice -> lightning/usb cable -> PC). It looks somewhat ridiculous to me. If a hardware like irig for example or else - can convert digital information that is coming out of the iphone - into midi inormation, then why there can't be a direct solution on WIndows/PC for that? Digital information is just a digital information, so where is the catch? I can imagine a simple Windows driver, that either captures iphone connected to the machine or releases it for other services. Driver, that is seen in hosts as some sort of standard USB midi controller. A software bridge so to speak.

I just would like to connect the non-jbroken idevice (not to mention that ipad apps will not install/work on iphones if they are not made for both) via USB in the same simple way as I connect external midi keyboard/controller - plug in and use it. No additional hardware.
tester

Postby Graves123 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:24 pm

download the compamion app fro their site...launch then run it on the iphone...select your comp then launch serato and assign the midi....
I'm not a robot! I'm british! ~ quote from an asparagus
I am not a robot! I am a unicorn! ~ quote from a robot
Graves123

Return to Off Topic