Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

problem

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

problem

Postby tester » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Because my previous laptop died, I had to switch. And I'm having an unusual problem here, it also touches usage of FS. Maybe you know what is going on, and maybe can help somewhat.

Last machine was thinkpad t60, core 2 duo with XP 32bit. New machine is dell e6410, faster i5, 4gb ram and Win 7 sp1 64bit. Problem is related to... touchpad. (other problem I found - random automatic brighness control - is solved: it appeared to be related to aero interface; when aero was off - screen started to "adjust" itself from time to time, and there was no way to stop it it, not in bios, not in system settings). And - no, I will not switch to external mouse.

While on previous machine, touchpad worked smoothly, here - and I suspect it's related to Win7 (the same thing happens on macbook with Win7 installed via bootcamp) - it's somewhat sluggish. I.e. it slows down (slightly freezes) or speeds up (behaves like these green timers) around elements like buttons, lists, or while dragging in FS (in other words - in places where some tooltip or other data are reloaded), producing slightly unpredictable "drunken" (unprecise) motion. It pisses me enough to install Win XP back. But I'm curious - can this be fixed somewhere on W7? And - no, it seems to be not in touchpad settings, I checked all possible scenarios (I think). The other thing that eventually comes to my mind, could be the multigesture type of touchpad (like on macbook), but I did not noticed that sort of behaviors in dell's bios, that' why I suspect it has to do with W7 architecture.
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Re: problem

Postby Drnkhobo » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Hey tester, I feel for you mate . . . :lol:

My girlfriend has an HP laptop with the same issues. Hers will lock up the mouse and exit applications when you press the numerical keys (pain in the ass if you are trying to log onto a site & enter a password, it keeps closing firefox!)

anyways, we couldnt fix the piece of crap so its accumulating dust . . . I do think its a dodgy touchpad driver + windows

good luck man! :P
Drnkhobo

Re: problem

Postby tester » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:45 pm

I have only precision issues. But they are PITA.

One thing I found is related to hidden settings settings of the pointer (speed vs enhance mouse precision vs acceleration curves).

One thing may be still burried within Windows surface (I think I will install XP to check if this is true). But I found that indeed there are some mouse pointer issues in W7+, and maybe some Wupdate fixes it.

One thing I found, is - either dell driver is not supporting all the features of their own touchpad, or - they mounted slightly different guts (this is used laptop).

One thing may be related to the way how to touchpad is connected to the motherboard. This is used laptop, so maybe the primare connection was damaged and bypassed via some sort of usb or else...?

And last thing - maybe these early multi-gesture touchpads (i5 started around 2010?) have some hardware (sensitivity) problems in general.

Visually it's in class A condition, so maybe this is just a crap sub-product in general.
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Return to Off Topic