Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Making a bridge wrapper OS

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Re: Making a bridge wrapper OS

Postby CoreStylerz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:26 am

Exo can you ask Malc about if it makes sense and how to build that header.c?

Many bridges works very well. Jbride and also reaper bit bridge.
Dunno if this tipy of boxing can work, maybe it's better to make a dedicated wrapper.
Need websites or custom plugin web services?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, jQuery programmer
CoreStylerz

Postby Exo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:37 am

I am currently looking into implementing a 64bit wrapper. I have mentioned it in my lastest post on Flowstone Guru.

Currently just researching it but i have most things set up now that I think i will need just figuring out the best way. I need to brush up a bit on my C++ too :?
Flowstone Guru. Blog and download site for Flowstone.
Best VST Plugins. Initial Audio.
Exo

Postby CoreStylerz » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Exo wrote:I am currently looking into implementing a 64bit wrapper. I have mentioned it in my lastest post on Flowstone Guru.

Currently just researching it but i have most things set up now that I think i will need just figuring out the best way. I need to brush up a bit on my C++ too :?

Let me know if you need assitance, but i'm sure not the rigth man for the job.
CoreStylerz

Postby mayo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:01 pm

CoreStylerz wrote:Looks interesting the wrapper software.
But try i need to create an header file that specify what values (and sizes) are passed in the .dll.
I shall follows the VST SDK for these?

I don't know if that will be useful or if that's a thing you are looking for at all, but using VST Scanner:
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/us ... canner.htm
you can load your VST dll and see which public parameters and audio requests the plug can do

hope you guys make it somehow! good luck!
mayo

Postby CoreStylerz » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:24 am

i'm looking foward about this and making my own using Juce.
Since SM site it's down, i'm going to open a thread @ http://www.synthmakers.eu.

Please join with the know how you can share.
http://synthmakers.eu/forum/c-plugins-d ... rapper#355

exo what was your point at this?
CoreStylerz

Postby Exo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:35 pm

CoreStylerz wrote:i'm looking foward about this and making my own using Juce.
Since SM site it's down, i'm going to open a thread @ http://www.synthmakers.eu.

Please join with the know how you can share.
http://synthmakers.eu/forum/c-plugins-d ... rapper#355

exo what was your point at this?

I never really got anywhere with it in the end. Mostly just researched, but here is how I think it could be done...

To get a wrapper working you need to run the FS dll in a 32bit process and communicate with it via "Interprocess communication", there are many methods for this, shared memory, Named pipes, sockets, ect . The FS dll would need to be hosted inside an exe, you cannot just start a dll in a 32bit process, it needs a host.

Your 64bit plugin would execute this exe (which in turn could load the dll automatically). Now the 64bit wrapper needs to send or receive any data from the 32bit dll, this can be done via Interprocess communication as mentioned.

The interprocess communication is the tricky part, I couldn't decide on the best method. But I am pretty sure that some form of polling is required. Basically you will need to keep checking for updates at each end. There is to my knowledge no way to directly call the actual methods of the 32bit dll, because 64bit and 32bit cannot directly communicate.

If you want a nicely packaged plugin in a single dll then this would itself pose a challenge. The FS dll would need to be compiled into the exe. Then this exe would need to be compiled into the 64bit wrapper. Then the wrapper would extract the exe onload and start it in a new process, which the wrapper communicates with.

To be honest anyone that is prepared to go to that much trouble for 64bit should just recode their plugin in JUCE/C++ (which is what I am doing), would be much easier!

Also I will point out there seems to be bugs with FS plugins that are bridged in FL studio. If the plugin is dragged even slightly off screen it messes up the GUI. Only solution is to constantly redraw the screen!

So I am forgetting about a wrapper it is not a good solution, DSPR need to get there act together. A wrapper is a dirty hack, maybe nice for a challenge but not to offer commercial customers. Seriously forget it.
Flowstone Guru. Blog and download site for Flowstone.
Best VST Plugins. Initial Audio.
Exo

Postby CoreStylerz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi exo.
I tried to build the VST host example of juice. There's no way to do something like that in a DLL that loads up a x86 bin inside and runs it in a 64 dll?

I gave a read to this, http://blog.mattmags.com/2007/06/30/acc ... -bit-code/

Looks like your research is really fine.

My idea was to make a bridge for making SM/FS developers able to wrap up their plugin.
It's sure easier to rewrite my plugs with juce. Especially for the fact that juce make this thing alot easier compared to other SDK's and stuff.

My thoughts behind juce was about the Juce Wrapper class (plugin instance)
http://www.juce.com/api/classAudioPluginInstance.html

But if you cannot directly access a x86 sure it won't work directly by calling the DLL.
CoreStylerz

Postby Freddymusic » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:40 am

I sent a mail for the support of dllwrapper: It was the answer:
thanks for your interest in DLLWrapper. As a matter of fact we already had some requests like yours regarding synthmaker / flowstone in the past but unfortunately DLLWrapper can’t be used to wrap the VST plug-in interface of synthmaker / flowstone because it’s completely dynamic. DLLWrapper is only able to wrap static DLL interfaces, but a synthmaker / flowstone plugin DLL has only one exported function named VSTPluginMain, which returns a structure containing pointer to functions and objects. Sadly, this construct with function and object pointer passed during runtime can´t be wrapped by a generic tool like DLLWrapper which can only wrap functions directly exported by a DLL.
freddymusic.hu
Freddymusic

Previous

Return to Off Topic