Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

synth edit 1.2 is still being updated

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

synth edit 1.2 is still being updated

Postby jjs » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:37 pm

check this latest update from 28 august 2014

http://syntheditforum.boards.net/thread ... se-history

so they are still working on x64 and mac support

click the link SynthEdit 1.2 V 1.213 available and you can download the latest Alpha Version for testing
jjs

Re: synth edit 1.2 is still being updated

Postby Exo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:33 pm

I've had a little play with it and I must say I am quite impressed. GUI is nice and links can have corners like Flowstone (although no curves).
Flowstone Guru. Blog and download site for Flowstone.
Best VST Plugins. Initial Audio.
Exo

Postby Flemming » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:26 am

Yes, SynthEdit is updated regularly. The Creator, Jeff, is in very close touch with his users via the Yahoo SynthEditUsers group. People report bugs of all sorts, and he fixes them pretty fast.

That being said, it looks like there is a long way still, because of design and dev choices Jeff made in the past.

- Only way to create feedback loops will result in latency of about 100 samples.
- Somehow the envelope has a 3 sample delay, to handle voice stealing correctly. This can present a problem with 3rd party modules which were designed to run at sample accuracy.
- He is holding on to archaic graphics, because newer Windows based graphic is hard to port to Mac.
- A lot of VERY good developers have offered to help Jeff (even for free), but he is somehow kinda proud about him being sole dev. But it means that there are a lot of stupid errors that could have been fixed years ago.

Then there is the question about the community: To begin with it was very energetic and helpful. Tons of talented guys were discussing and building with each other. But slowly they all hit their creative ceiling in the SynthEdit environment, and they left, practically all of them. Now there are only a handful of the 'good old guys', and a small bunch of newcomers suffering from megalomania. So it is really hard to communicate in there.

3rd party module development is practically dead. No one really can code modules because the new SynthEdit is too unstable. And most of the old 3rd party modules will not work properly any more.

Well, i could go on, but you get my point, i hope :) SynthEdit is being worked on every day, and it has been for the 11 years iv'e been using it. But it is baby steps. If you in fact join the Yahoo group, you will see about 3 regulars talking about recently found bugs. Jeff Fixes them, and the cycle starts over with a new handful of recent bugs.

Off the record: I am very new here in the Flowstone community since i bought a license just recently, and i love every second of it :) Ppl here are very friendly. On top of that, Flowstone presents me with all kinds of cool possibilities. SynthEdit is more like a modular synth, no prims or 'programming features', and signals go from 0-10, but Flowstone has real depth :) i'm actually learning DSP!

I am never looking back....

The only thing that annoys me about Flowstone, is that it apparently takes veeeery long before bugs are fixed. For example, recently 3.0.5 came out, and we all fell over the selector/multiplexer crash. Without these modules, it is very hard to create even a semi complicated schem. I get by, but it feels clumsy and wrong :)
Flemming

Postby CoreStylerz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:27 am

I will for sure move to synthedit if they release a stable version. And the SDK also allow to make things you can't do it on flowstone.

Sorry but 64-bit is just killing my business with Flowstone. Porting my own plugs to synthedit and releasing 64bit + Mac will be just damn good.

The problem with Flowstone is the lack of confidence between community and developers. Community is good, but if they can overcome some limits of the moment like 64bit will be just fine!
Need websites or custom plugin web services?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, jQuery programmer
CoreStylerz

Postby Tronic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Learn C language and use Cockos IPlug here the full tutorials
http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/
Tronic

Postby CoreStylerz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Tronic wrote:Learn C language and use Cockos IPlug here the full tutorials
http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/

Yeah c++ I probably best way. But I get lost when I try to make something.

I just looked at javaVSTrapper.. The idea of using java is very interesting because since c++ is harder to learn and also time consuming.

If I have to loose some time learning a language I may chose java since its faster (to learn, to use) and I can make many things not only in terms of audio plugins.
CoreStylerz

Postby Tronic » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:00 pm

this was a response to the fact that you always say you want a SDK,
but it would still be programmed in C, so you should study it anyway.
Tronic

Postby CoreStylerz » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:43 am

Tronic wrote:this was a response to the fact that you always say you want a SDK,
but it would still be programmed in C, so you should study it anyway.

There's a big difference between making primitives in c (or aybthedit modules) and make a full vst including GUI.
So if there will be a chance for SDK and 64bit maybe I will invest time in.
But for general purpose java may be simpler and I don't think performance will be worst than flowstone made plugins.
Especially since ruby VM is quite worst than JVM
CoreStylerz

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 am

jvstwrapper last updated in 2009, no support for vst3, AAX, RTAS, interpreted garbage collecting language, no assembler,...
enough arguments for me to not waste any time with it, Java was never meant as a realtime processing language

do you know any complex vst like absynth, synthmaster,... which is done with java?

the only advantage it has is crossplattform compatibility, which is also featured by i-plug or juce and more i-plug and juce are also supporting linux which isn't supported by jvst...
Nubeat7

Postby Tronic » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Tronic

Next

Return to Off Topic