Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Off topic from FS Guru: Help indexing best files ever...

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Off topic from FS Guru: Help indexing best files ever...

Postby billv » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:43 pm

**Mod Edit** This thread was split from here for being off topic FS Guru: Help indexing best files ever....
That thread is meant just for posting to files so let try and keep it clear for that purpose. **Mod edit**

martinvicanek wrote:This one should have been first on the list:
Module Name: Trogz Toolz

There's dozens of fsm's/osm's with trog's name on it, that I'd like to add. ;)
But with so many, i didn't know where to start, and when he joined Exo
at the blog, I thought maybe he would go through all his stuff, and start uploading.
I'm hoping he'll turn up again sometime before Xmas.
BV MUSIC SYDNEY AUSTRALIA-Songwriting & Software Development.
http://users.tpg.com.au/billv
billv

Re: FS Guru: Help indexing best files ever posted on forums.

Postby Exo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:49 pm

billv wrote:
martinvicanek wrote:This one should have been first on the list:
Module Name: Trogz Toolz

There's dozens of fsm's/osm's with trog's name on it, that I'd like to add. ;)
But with so many, i didn't know where to start, and when he joined Exo
at the blog, I thought maybe he would go through all his stuff, and start uploading.
I'm hoping he'll turn up again sometime before Xmas.

Yes that was his intention, I don't know what has happened to him (hoping everything ok actually and didn't fall down any rabbit holes)
Flowstone Guru. Blog and download site for Flowstone.
Best VST Plugins. Initial Audio.
Exo

Postby billv » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Exo wrote:don't know what has happened to him

I'm hoping the depression bug hasn't got him. It's a nasty bug.
I've got to "consciously" kill that demon everyday, else it always reappears.
Sometimes..it's not so easy.. :|
BV MUSIC SYDNEY AUSTRALIA-Songwriting & Software Development.
http://users.tpg.com.au/billv
billv

Postby tulamide » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:37 pm

billv wrote:
Exo wrote:don't know what has happened to him

I'm hoping the depression bug hasn't got him. It's a nasty bug.
I've got to "consciously" kill that demon everyday, else it always reappears.
Sometimes..it's not so easy.. :|

I know what you're talking about. I fight that battle myself everyday. I even accepted the help of 'chemical intervention' after 20 or so years. Maybe that's why none of my songs ever were relly happy :oops:
tulamide

Postby tester » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:14 am

Gosh, guys, can't you just use Flowstone as a therapy tool? Something that gives your imagination a little bit of abstract content to refocus your attention? (yep, only visual modular dataflow languages can be helpful with that, not written code). Meanwhile - long walks, physical exercises, better diet (yep, what you eat), meeting with people and some travels from time to time? A bit of discipline to perform simple tasks everyday, so that one day that "bad mood" breaks apart. Anyway it's a starter before you can even start looking for the vision of your life. (or - find a shaman that will break your life apart within one day, but then you will need to follow that path for a little while). And yes - I know what you talk about, everyone has their own challenges. Make a strategy for it, become a hero for your life, not a victim of it.

@tulamide - start from understanding the harmonic series and nature of chords. Make happy song because you can, not because you are in mood or sort of. That's your task for tomorrow. I'm waiting for the results. Impress me. :mrgreen:

Is someone interested to translate my book into sort of american english? ;-)
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby KG_is_back » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:34 am

tester wrote:Is someone interested to translate my book into sort of american english?

Well, I learned a little bit of polish from Kapitan Bomba. Should I give it a try?
KG_is_back

Postby Exo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:37 am

KG_is_back wrote:
tester wrote:Is someone interested to translate my book into sort of american english?

Well, I learned a little bit of polish from Kapitan Bomba. Should I give it a try?

I couldn't understand a word but that really made me laugh :lol:
Flowstone Guru. Blog and download site for Flowstone.
Best VST Plugins. Initial Audio.
Exo

Postby KG_is_back » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:47 am

Exo wrote:
KG_is_back wrote:

I couldn't understand a word but that really made me laugh :lol:

Two weeks of watching this and you'll be able to swear in polish fluently like the oldest Kracow football fan. 8-)
KG_is_back

Postby tester » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:22 am

There are two kind of Polish languages. You are referring to the one made of 3 words which allows to exspress wide variety of things... :mrgreen: Reminds me southpark. :-)

...but is not suitable here. If you wish to translate the book, you must be able to operate on even more non-verbal level and in rather opposite direction.

Somewhat it's sad, that you made a shit of that and of my beautiful language, but it tells about you a little bit. Now I allow you to feel guilty. Live with that. :D
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby RJHollins » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:29 am

I can certainly relate to using FS as a form of mental therapy. [as strange as that might sound to many].

And not to sound mushy or corny ... following the conversations and idea development ... and just the nature of the people on this forum has been wonderful. Even projects that are outside my area get my attention to [try] and follow along.

I don't come from any formal 'programming' background, and no one around me has a clue to any of this. Nonetheless, through the gracious help from so many here, I've been able to assemble some project ideas into working tools. This alone has been a psyche boost :D I do wish I could learn faster, and thereby refine my approach ... but I've learned that this all takes time to gather the depth of experience ... I'm OK with that 8-) Even as a side-line hobby, I still go at it with everything I can ... you Guys have pull and dragged me to a better place ...
Thank-you!
;)
RJHollins

Next

Return to Off Topic