Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Martin L. Gore's Featherlight Contest

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Martin L. Gore's Featherlight Contest

Postby tulamide » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm participating in MG's contest to remix one of the songs from his upcoming album. I know Martin doesn't like complete makeovers. He more than once complaint that remixes often would change so much, like tempo, length and all sounds et al, until there's a completely new song. So I was taking a lot of care to not change the character of the song too much. It has the original tempo, its original length and most of its sounds. I think I did a quite good job, if you want to listen to it, or even want to help by liking (it doesn't help for the final selection of the winner, but certainly gains attention), here's the link:

https://soundcloud.com/tulamide/mg-featherlight-lavender-remix

And here's the link to the bittorrent stem downloads and the soundcloud group, for example if you want to participate as well (you can until August 21:
download stems via bittorrent
remix upload soundcloud group

I didn't enjoy to be forced to install bittorrent, but on the other hand - it's MG!
tulamide

Re: Martin L. Gore's Featherlight Contest

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:32 pm

don't know the original version (link?) but i really like this kind of elektro, very good track, is it the full version? seems to be a bit short with just 2min 24 sec?

if i would have more time i would be interested to do a version it too, but sadly there is too much projects i have to follow already...

also very interesting to hear what you do, i also like your other tracks, specially the chiptune tracks, good work tulamide!
Nubeat7

Postby tulamide » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:42 pm

Nubeat7 wrote:don't know the original version (link?) but i really like this kind of elektro, very good track, is it the full version? seems to be a bit short with just 2min 24 sec?
Yes, it is the full version. It's one of 16 tracks of his album. Mute has a Youtube playlist, here's the link to the original "Featherlight": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKGS_p0ZDU&list=PLSKvbiScaVZl4Dy7_sCBBfmC42gGEvb-G&index=15&pxtry=2

Nubeat7 wrote:if i would have more time i would be interested to do a version it too, but sadly there is too much projects i have to follow already...
Very sad, indeed! I hope you won't forget about making music while programming. Also, of all those who ever made any kind of electronic music since the 80's, who wouldn't want to be released on Mute, even if just for a remix? 8-)

Nubeat7 wrote:also very interesting to hear what you do, i also like your other tracks, specially the chiptune tracks, good work tulamide!
Thank you. But to be honest, there's not much on my Soundcloud page (I just have the free account with very limited space). From those, "If thy soule check thee that I come so neere" is the one I'm most proud of. Many feelings expressed there.

And I think I need to explain the USL series. USL stands for "Ultra Short music Loops", and is a collection of 2-4 bar full music loops (with 8 or 16 bars at most but rarely) that are perfectly looped. It was a gift for the Scirra community, which is about making games with the html5 game editor "Construct 2". The loops are downloadable piece by piece, and the demos tell them how they sound and what filename they have.

I also sell game music there, but not very many. If you want to listen, Minotaur is my bestseller there (no I don't get rich there): https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-music/minotaur-165

But most of my music is never published anywhere, but sits on my HD. I am not very self-confident (and never satisfied) when it comes to my music.
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:37 am

Just pushing to get in front of the spam post ;)
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:59 am

It gives me a smile, so I thought I should share it with you. The winner is announced. You remember what I said in the first post? There's written proof of that. You can read about it in many interviews.

The winner is a completely different song. Double as long, and basically just a 5 minute long drone with a few inserts here and there, not even barely reminding of the original. Lesson learned. Be yourself. Always.

Link to the winner "remix": https://soundcloud.com/mantraofmachines/mg-featherlight-mantra-of-machines-remix
tulamide

Return to Off Topic