Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Mixing a track isn't easy ;)

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Mixing a track isn't easy ;)

Postby tulamide » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:46 pm

A sound engineer might compete well against athletes ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Rhh_4GZmU
tulamide

Re: Mixing a track isn't easy ;)

Postby KG_is_back » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:32 am

LOL... How about making a plugin that does this? :-D

Or at least the reverse of that... :mrgreen:
KG_is_back

Postby tulamide » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:42 am

No way they could ever realize a plugin that would correct the voice of a singer while singing!

I mean, imagine the horror of puppets that can't sing but look good, making producers rich and the music poor! No way that will ever happen!

And what if the singer is that bad that even the plugin wouldn't be able to correct without being noticed? Would they try to sell it as a new voice effect then?

Who would be so naive to still buy such crap, music with bad singers so prominent that it hurts your ears? No, that won't ever happen.

Besides, what would you call such an automatic voice tuning? Autotune? How boring would such a name be. Definitely no success...
tulamide

Postby KG_is_back » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:18 pm

That reminds me an interview with the developer of Melodyne. Originally the tool wasn't meant for pitch correction, but rather for experimentation with melody (understand: changing melody of the recorded parts, making harmonies, etc. ). Well, anyone heard it used in such way? :lol:

As for the T-pain effect (when autotune is set so extremely it snap's the pitch to scale instantaneously), I rather think of it as an instrument (in the same category as vocoder) than an effect. Crappy singer will stay crappy, but good singer can learn to do some very crazy things with it. For example if a singer sings a vibrato exactly on border of two semitones, it can create very cool trill. That's arguably even harder than normal singing, because technically you have to sing perfectly out of tune. Basically, I thought autotune was just crappy singing until I tried to do that kind of things with it.

As for music with bad singers... The way I see it, the ratio of good/bad singers stays the same, only the way to recognize the bad one's changed. Like with everything, to find gold you need to dig deeper.
KG_is_back

Return to Off Topic