Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

[EVENT] Unusual Music Sources

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

[EVENT] Unusual Music Sources

Postby tulamide » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:11 am

Ok, so I downloaded two files with real world sound recordings from Freesound.org:

1) https://db.tt/Wn61guVI
2) https://db.tt/Xogc3RYB

From those sources I then created this: https://db.tt/h2Jf9Kex

Now I challenge you: Create music from those two files!
    - Only the two files are allowed as sound sources. No other samples, no synths, no other waveforms. Only the instrument you feed with these sound sources. (For example, I simply used a sampler)
    - You may use as many effects as you like to shape the sounds to your likings. (For example, I used lfos, guitar-amps, echoes, delays, reverbs)

Post a link to your result here! The deadline will be 30 September 2015. From that time on, we all will select a winner. The winner will get a custom made Ruby module GUI element - either a button, a knob, a fader or a selection box. This will be vectorized, created from runtime drawing instructions instead of pre-made bitmaps. Of course only, if you want me to do that for you. If not, you still be honored by the title "Master Juggler - Winner of the UMS-Event 2015"! (I'll also create a banner for you to put in your signature, if you like)

Good luck!!
Last edited by tulamide on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tulamide

Re: [EVENT] Unusual Music Sources

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:32 am

Thanks for the initiative, tulamide. I would propose 30. September 2015 as the deadline because people may be on vacation.
martinvicanek

Postby tulamide » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:13 pm

martinvicanek wrote:Thanks for the initiative, tulamide. I would propose 30. September 2015 as the deadline because people may be on vacation.

Very good point! I'll update the original post.
Also, describing the winner's price, I forgot to mention "knob". This will also be corrected.
tulamide

Postby tester » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:59 am

@tulamide - post links to the source pages. As a freesound user, I'd like to know under what licences these files are placed there. Freesound is not a trash.
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby tulamide » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:55 pm

tester wrote:@tulamide - post links to the source pages. As a freesound user, I'd like to know under what licences these files are placed there. Freesound is not a trash.

I don't need to. They're in the public domain (CC0). As a freesound member with account and own contributions, I probably know more about that topic, else you would have noticed that there's a large amount of CC0 on Freesound.
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Halftime!
Be sure to win a prize worth $100-$150 ... and the honor of being the Master Juggler :mrgreen:
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:23 am

I didn't expect to see some participation - so you didn't disappoint. It was a last try from my side to bring a bit more life in a dying forum. The experiment failed. I won't bother you with ideas again :mrgreen:
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:26 am

Sorry, tulamide. I did try to create something but then didn't finish it because I got trapped in other projects. :oops:
By all means, don't let this discurage you, please keep posting!
martinvicanek

Postby Spogg » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:32 am

tulamide wrote:I didn't expect to see some participation - so you didn't disappoint. It was a last try from my side to bring a bit more life in a dying forum. The experiment failed. I won't bother you with ideas again :mrgreen:

I thought it was an excellent idea! I didn't participate simply because I have no skills doing something like this.
It's a pity the competition wasn't to create a synth that was mostly orange :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi tulamide,
I actually played around with this and made something, but never submitted it. In the end I did NOT like it at all, it just sounded like some very old and horrible Musique Concrete stuff. I did like the idea though. Keep up the good work as always!

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Next

Return to Off Topic