Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

SynthMaker Users Class Reunion

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Re: SynthMaker Users Class Reunion

Postby Sasu Honka » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:35 pm

There must be a better solution than splitting the forums like this. At least the code and asm should be on one forum.
It is completelely ridiculous to start a forum from zero, when you have a good existing forum already.
Sasu Honka

Postby Ethan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 am

Sasu Honka wrote:There must be a better solution than splitting the forums like this. At least the code and asm should be on one forum.
It is completelely ridiculous to start a forum from zero, when you have a good existing forum already.

Agreed my friend!

Why not just have ONE program? Nothing like having to search between two identical pieces of software looking for the Component you just made.

I just tried copy and paste between SM and FS, does this not work?

Ethan
Ethan

Postby bryan20miles » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:20 am

As an FL Studio user, I am curious about the future of the SynthMaker version included with it. I don't see the SynthMaker upgrade options anymore in the FL Studio shop (among other things).
Also, I don't believe that FlowStone is SynthMaker and even more, because the elements used to communicate to/from FL Studio don't exist in FlowStone. I also don't see an option in FlowStone (unless I've just missed it) to generate a VST, which of course, is far more usable in FL Studio than a an .exe file.
I would love to be able to use the advantages of FlowStone, without losing any of the features of SynthMaker. I was so impressed with FlowStone, it's capabilities and features, that when the funding was available, I went Pro.
I would still like to know about the future of SynthMaker, especially it's integration with FL Studio, and any news about FlowStone generating VSTs. Let me know what you know/hear!
Thanks all! :D
bryan20miles

Postby trogluddite » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Ethan wrote:I just tried copy and paste between SM and FS, does this not work?

As far as I can tell, you can't even Copy/Paste between two instances of SM, you have to have both schematics open in the same instance. However, if you change the filter to 'All Files' in the load dialogue, you can open SM .osm files inside FS and vice-versa - though I don't know if the components that are 'special' to each software will always work when opened in the other one.

Ethan wrote:Why not just have ONE program?

Indeed, having two 'species' of the same programming engine always seemed the wrong way to do it. Much better would have been to sell a core 'platform' for which we could buy 'extension packs' to add VST export, robotics hardware, networking etc. - each user could then have the features that they most needed.
I would love to have access to FS's disk streaming and network options, BUT I can't justify the expense because...
1) Duplication - I've already purchased 90% of FS when I got my SM license.
2) Redundancy - I would be paying for a whole load of features like robotics hardware interfacing that I'd never use.
3) The possible future expense of having to keep two parallel software platforms upgraded.
4) Yet more file management and compatibility hassles to eat up my programming time.

If there were, say, a $30 license to buy the networking or disk-streaming primitives for SM, I would have my credit-card out right away - and no doubt there are FS users who would be similarly eager to pay a small free to add VST export.

I see no reason that the 'extensions pack' idea couldn't still be implemented - and surely it would also make life easier for the developers to have only one platform to support, and also make it simpler to extend the core 'graphical programming' idea into new markets by developing further 'add-ons'.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby tor » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:22 pm

hola compadres :)
tor

Postby d3drocks » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:14 pm

why not just make a seperate edition of this simply to appease the old SM users (and hand it out free to the people who bought SM Pro recently, like me)? or at least charge the old price which wasn't complete insane.
SM users probably don't care at all about robotics Stuff (ed.).
d3drocks

Postby MegaHurtz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Erm, this means nothing :lol:
Hey no alpha..?
192k @ 8ms
MegaHurtz

Postby ChrisHooker » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:15 am

'Sup guys.

trogluddite wrote:Much better would have been to sell a core 'platform' for which we could buy 'extension packs' to add VST export, robotics hardware, networking etc. - each user could then have the features that they most needed.

Yes!!!! Agreed. Seems to me that would expand the market by not catering to one main demographic, and allow lower-budgeted customers to purchase just what they need, instead of nothing at all, or one month here, one month there. The only positive to the monthly subscription that I can see is (I would hope) being constantly up-to-date with new releases. (Which, for cost reasons, one would hope would follow more along the lines of the FS product cycle, not that of SM over the past few years.) ...But what happens if the beta testers missed a bug or two and suddenly all your schematics don't work? Perform a system restore? Reload Norton Ghost disk image? PITA
ChrisHooker

Postby jjs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm

ok i'm here too.
euh there is nothing happening here dude.
it is so quiet, it was more fun on SM forum and now they will remove it because we had so much fun... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
jjs

Postby CoreStylerz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:32 am

jjs wrote:ok i'm here too.
euh there is nothing happening here dude.
it is so quiet, it was more fun on SM forum and now they will remove it because we had so much fun... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We are a great class. Class A++... We should program another synthmaker. ;)
Need websites or custom plugin web services?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, jQuery programmer
CoreStylerz

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic