Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

chackl at VirtualDJ

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

chackl at VirtualDJ

Postby chackl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Hello!

So i just got VIP-Member at the VirtualDJ Comunity :D

I think my selve - VirtualDJ is the most leading DJ-Software in the word!
AND
It also allowes to load VST effects to Vitual DJ.
The most top wanted VSTi done by FlowStone is a Beatgrid effect:
https://www.virtualdj.com/addons/14716/ ... ridV2.html

So if anyone is a DJ here - just give it a little try ;)

Regards
100% accuracy is the guarantee to your success. The value alters if you combine it with musical creativity.
chackl

Re: chackl at VirtualDJ

Postby trogluddite » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Congratulations!
Not my scene at all, but you've always been most helpful here and at the SM forum, so I should think it is well deserved.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby infuzion » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:18 am

congrats :)
infuzion

Postby philton » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:57 pm

yeah congrats from me, too!
if i remember right Virtual Dj had this nice webcam feature that made it possible to scratch your tracks using a real turntable. that´s just some kind of "toy" feature, but something i would love to try using FS. short explanation:
you take a real turntable(you don´t need a needle or a vinyl record for this) an place a white stripe of paper
(or something else that looks different to your slipmat) on the deck. then you place a webcam over yoiur turntable.
once you start your turntable, virtual dj detects the RPM using the webcam and the white stripe (the white stripe acts like a marker here). of course that´s not exactly enough to use it as some kind of mixing feature, but for scratching tracks it was quite fun ! should be possible with FS....
philton

Postby chackl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

philton wrote:yeah congrats from me, too!
if i remember right Virtual Dj had this nice webcam feature that made it possible to scratch your tracks using a real turntable. that´s just some kind of "toy" feature, but something i would love to try using FS. short explanation:
you take a real turntable(you don´t need a needle or a vinyl record for this) an place a white stripe of paper
(or something else that looks different to your slipmat) on the deck. then you place a webcam over yoiur turntable.
once you start your turntable, virtual dj detects the RPM using the webcam and the white stripe (the white stripe acts like a marker here). of course that´s not exactly enough to use it as some kind of mixing feature, but for scratching tracks it was quite fun ! should be possible with FS....

Well as in VDJ 6 this was not implemented anymore. ^^ so this might be a challenge for FS users to make a midi controller with webcam and different buttons ona peace of paper and a webcam ^^ - possible?
Well i think yes but my time is too limited :/
100% accuracy is the guarantee to your success. The value alters if you combine it with musical creativity.
chackl

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi chackl well done m8!

Ive been using a few of your plugins, Slip mode, Roll it and beat grid 2! they are all really good :D

So i have a couple of questions as i would like to produce a few plugins for myself!

1 How are vdj plugins synced to the audio source?
2 ive exported a few simple effect from sm into VDJ and some show up others don't! any idea why this happens?
3 how would one get the effect knobs on the VDJ interface to control the exported vst effect?
4 is there any other stuff i should know before embarking on this journey?

I know you are a busy man but any help would be appreciated!

best regards
Jay

Postby chackl » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am

Jay wrote:Hi chackl well done m8!

Ive been using a few of your plugins, Slip mode, Roll it and beat grid 2! they are all really good :D

So i have a couple of questions as i would like to produce a few plugins for myself!

1 How are vdj plugins synced to the audio source?
2 ive exported a few simple effect from sm into VDJ and some show up others don't! any idea why this happens?
3 how would one get the effect knobs on the VDJ interface to control the exported vst effect?
4 is there any other stuff i should know before embarking on this journey?

I know you are a busy man but any help would be appreciated!

best regards

Well in V7 it is no like that:

1:
Samplesync is at 44100kHZ - that means 44100 Values per Second
TempoSync - BPM of the Deck
The Plugin is enabled to the song, that means if you scratch a song wou will scratch the Plugin like it was added to the song on the deck. VDJ never made a chance to embeed VST to master, mixer, or mic.

2:
Just place you exported VSTi of FlowStone to your VDJ Directory that is located normaly at "Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Soundeffects"

3:
You have to add a presetmanager - and you habe to enable preset on knobs. Then you are able to controll "effect slider n" where n is the knob number of the plugin (not the name)

4:
Well you may got all basics of VSTi programming to understand how to retrigger VirtualDJ Plugins.
In my winter vacation i may post an example. ;)

Regards
chackl

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:41 am

Hi Chackle

thanks very much for the info!
I can see why my plugins were not showing up, due to no preset manager! yes it would be cool to see an example when you get some time!
i would like to make maybe a sequencer/trigger system for the sampler area of vdj but not sure if that would be possible!

Thanks again for the info, that enough for me to get started! :D

Best Regards
Jay

Postby chackl » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 am

Jay wrote:Hi Chackle

thanks very much for the info!
I can see why my plugins were not showing up, due to no preset manager! yes it would be cool to see an example when you get some time!
i would like to make maybe a sequencer/trigger system for the sampler area of vdj but not sure if that would be possible!

Thanks again for the info, that enough for me to get started! :D

Best Regards

No sorry this is not possible to send commands to VirtualDJ for VST.
But what you could do is do make a sampleplayer inside the plugin ;)
chackl

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Yeah hats a bit of a disappointment that we cant sequence the built in sample rack but you are absolutely right i could make a sequencer/sampler plugin! that's what I'm going to do!

I am also making a synth in FS that takes advantage of video,haar recognition (hand gestures) and is built round my Numark MixtrackPro for hardware controls :)

Thanks for the advice Chackle
Jay

Return to Off Topic