Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

An apology and an intermission.

For general discussion related FlowStone

An apology and an intermission.

Postby trogluddite » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:24 pm

Firstly, I want to apologise to tulamide, and to anyone to else taking part in his quantum computing thread, for my insulting and uncalled for recent post. The onus was on me to explain better that I was trying to open up a discussion about the ethics of new technology in general rather than expressing a concrete opinion about what I believe should or should not be anyone's reaction to the exciting news that he was passing on. I should not have allowed my frustration at struggling to get my point across properly to descend into a personal attack. I am disappointed and embarrassed at myself for reacting the way that I did, and I apologise unreservedly.

It has also brought to my attention that I've recently been allowing myself to get sucked into lengthy debates and arguments on-line, here and elsewhere, as a distraction from some personal issues which I should be paying better attention to and resolving in more constructive ways. To some degree, this is part and parcel of being autistic for me, but I don't believe that this diagnosis diminishes my responsibility for treating others unkindly.

Hence, I'm going to take a break from the internet for a little while so that I can get my wonky brain straightened out a bit. I hope not to be away for too long, and to return with my mental batteries recharged so that I can make more of a positive contribution than I have been able to lately (my coding has suffered just as much as my sense of decorum!)

Best wishes to everyone, and I look forward to catching up with you all again in the not-too-distant future.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Re: An apology and an intermission.

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:31 pm

I for one am not offended ! such discussions and occasional arguments are not only exciting, but educational, and entertaining. It doesn't all have to be sunshines and unicorns ! and who better to argue with than our intellectual peers. I can't speak for tulamide, but I can only hope he feels similar. If everyone agreed we'd all be quite boring. :ugeek:

I hope it doesn't keep you away for too long. Of course I get into a luddite mode myself, and enjoy a good jog/walk in nature over a computer any day. I encourage a good break from the WEB.

Recharge quickly and bring us more of your genius !!! I desperately need it !
also.... what's up with your wireless modules project?? I never saw anymore of it.
guyman

Postby billv » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:42 pm

By all means...disappear Trog...you will be missed, that's for sure.. :(
billv

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 pm

Dear Trog, take a break if it helps you, but don’t stay away too long, please!
martinvicanek

Postby tulamide » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 pm

No hard feelings here. I learned a couple of years ago, that my way of doing and dealing with discussions is not the norm, but unusual. I debate with passion, but I never let that influence my view of a person. Arguments, discussions, debates are always about the topic for me, not about the person. That's why I can be tough while debating, and at the same time appreciate the fine soul I'm debating with. I think, in that regard I'm a lot like a professional boxer. Tough during the fight, but when the match is over, both fighters are giving a hug and respect each other.

It was so strange for me to get pointed a few years ago to the fact, that this is not the norm.

But trog, I also know your struggle right now. It drains a lot of energy, and taking a break sometimes is the best way to get some of it back. That's why poor Adam is already waiting for over a year on something I do for him. The work itself could be done in a few weeks, but my energy is eaten up so fast nowadays by other ocurrencies!

Just don't stay away for too long! I missed you for so many years, I can't take another few years! (Yes, you're still my Flowstone hero!)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:21 am

Do whatever you feel is right to do, trog. Your presence here is priceless and it feels really bad to loose an appreciated and beloved forum member because of luxury struggles. Maybe these kind of debates do not match this forum's spirit. We just can't afford it. Take care and comeback ASAP.
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:39 am

I really appreciate you telling us what’s going on trog.

I wish you a very fulfilling sabbatical and hope you feel suitably refreshed very soon.
I will miss you every minute you are away.

Take care

Spogg
Spogg

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:43 am

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 am

You know, I think you could say we're friends to a degree; so it doesn't really matter.

I mean MV has called me sloppy, another said I'm w/e w/e, it doesn't matter. Most of us expect this on the net. I guess I get a lil hurt sometimes; but I think you should honestly relax because it's only with your friends that you should be comfortable enough to rant. I remember one time you were on My case but it's not like I'm complaining to the manager or w/e.

I mean, there are a lot of views here; and it is watched to a degree; but we're also a niche community. So who cares really.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to General