Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Will stream 2 midi ever be possible?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Will stream 2 midi ever be possible?

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 pm

That's my current assumption also... Yeah I've built some cool stream steps seq. for my synths... but never got to elaborate, as my main concern is exporting accurate midi for other purposes.
guyman

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:35 pm

well. if you use the fl studio step sequencer, it doesn't miss a beat ... if you let it run for any amount of time...

So if I were to build a midi sequencer, I expect the same level of accuracy and reliability. sample accuracy. My soundcard has a pretty quick buffer, but I would sacrifice the "realtimeness" of my playback, if I could control the clock that the midi sequencer is governed by... think of it like this...

If I were a wizard, I would have any flowstone parameter that relies on timed events, be able to execute from a global clock... a clock that i build with my own stream index... sample by sample...

The possibilities of functionality that would stem from this would be limitless.. but current midi stuff is executed by green triggers, ruby commands, and scheduled flushes... all of which do not deliver things in sync, or allow easy manipulation from sample accurate streams..

Daws seem to run accurately on whatever ppq/stream clock they are governed by so ... why not...

then again what I want may not even be possible...
guyman

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:53 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Yes indeed my friend, that would be WONDERFUL.

Maybe in FL QUANTUM.

in the year 3030.
guyman

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:46 pm

MichaelBenjamin

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:29 pm

I guess it comes down to triggers being used for mostly visual effects except in the case of midi nequals and midi split which is an anathema. It seems purely to tease doesn't it.

I'd tried one of those midi split filters and even it was too much to ensure flow.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to General