Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I support 64Bit development

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: I support 64Bit development

Postby marcelodantas » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:12 am

6 months laterrrr....

Any news? Still in the works?
marcelodantas

Postby gvalletto » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:57 pm

Yes!!!
gvalletto

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:08 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby aombk » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:13 pm

Yes, I will support a paid venture into getting a copy of FS 64bit :)
aombk

Postby pshannon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:31 am

MichaelBenjamin wrote:i guess the only reason ppl care about 64 bit is because steinberg has said so, am i wrong?

I thought Steinberg made it clear to stop supporting and selling 32 bit VST which they own the rights to. I noticed many websites disappeared after the mandate. To me, why do they care if there is still support for 32 bit? From a performance question, I just assume since DSP products crunches a ton of numbers, it would run more efficiently if is was compiled into 64 bit vs 32 bit. I keep wondering if a 64bit band filter will run with less cpu utilization? I know the 4 gb ram limit should not be an issue, I am looking at it from a CPU side. Does anyone have solid evidence that 32 bit number crunching apps run at the same speed as 64 bit?
pshannon

Postby francoisreme » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi Guys.

Does someone who got access to the last beta or to the slack can tell us a bit more about where we are on the process to a public release ?

thank you
francoisreme

Postby deraudrl » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:42 pm

francoisreme wrote:Does someone who got access to the last beta or to the slack can tell us a bit more about where we are on the process to a public release ?
Since I'm not Maik/MyCo, the only honest answer to that question is "I have no idea."

The "last beta" (3.0.9 Beta 2) is over four years old. (I'm told it's basically unusable, kind of like the 'Matrix' sequels. :lol: ) The thing on Slack is a 64-bit 'alpha test' version, in more-or-less constant development. At some point, that should become a real 'beta', in the meantime it's labelled "v3.9.0b2-xxxx" even though it has no real relationship to the 2016 "Beta 2". I just wish he'd change it to "4.0a0-xxxx" to eliminate any confusion.
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby francoisreme » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 am

So sad that this tremendous amount of code looses it's value with time. With very few people using it.
It's sad !
francoisreme

Postby deraudrl » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:00 pm

francoisreme wrote:So sad that this tremendous amount of code looses it's value with time.
Unless your intent is to develop commercial VST3/64-bit products, it has not lost any "value". Even then, if you consider it a rapid-prototyping tool, there's really nothing else quite like it out there. Version 3.0.6 is (still) quite useful and stable on current hardware/OS (Windows 10/64).

Is it perfect? No. Then again it has not (yet) succumbed to the kind of malignant feature-bloat that seems to plague most commercial software these days.
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby Flemming » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:38 pm

deraudrl wrote:Unless your intent is to develop commercial VST3/64-bit products, it has not lost any "value".

I do :) Or rather, i would love to create my own 64bit VST3 plugins, and i have been known in the past to share these online as freeware (those were 32bit VST2 plugins, but ppl are really keen on the 64bit thing now since it's standard of practically every DAW out there).

I haven't been here for several years, but now i do have at least two projects on my hands that i would love to "translate" to 64bit VST3

I would really REALLY love to see a modern alpha version with ability to export 64bit VST3 plugins, and yes i will also buy a new license for a full, new and shiny release/version :D
Flemming

PreviousNext

Return to General