Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Problem Windows 10 Flowstone

For general discussion related FlowStone

Problem Windows 10 Flowstone

Postby djbrynte » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm

I just installed flowstone on my windows 10. When i opening the flowstone synths in windows 10 it takes about 10 second to load a schematic.

And when loading the vsts inside FL studio 11.1 takes around 20 seconds.

Is it something with windows or is it Flowstone?
djbrynte

Re: Problem Windows 10 Flowstone

Postby deraudrl » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:18 am

Three questions:
1. How long to load FS by itself, no schematic?
2. What antivirus are you running?
3. Which version? (ISTR you were posting on Slack about the alpha version as well...)
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby djbrynte » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Open flowstone itself goes little faster without any synth.

But these synths is made before so There is NO bugg inside these because they worked.

Open flowstone itself mybe take 5 second. And with synth 10-15 second. I turned off virus protection totaly at Windows defender and still no diffrence and thanks for taking your time.
djbrynte

Postby djbrynte » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:32 pm

I used latest alpha
djbrynte

Postby deraudrl » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm

If the behavior is limited to the alpha, well, that's (possibly) just the nature of the beast and should be pursued on the Slack forum, not here.

If the behavior has slopped over onto a previously-working 3.0.x install, you may have a (Ruby?) DLL mismatch from having both versions installed. If so, see if the problem goes away on whichever version you use first after a Windows reboot.
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby Spogg » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Is it only FS that is behaving badly? I’m just wondering if you have a high error rate somewhere, like hard drive or RAM.

I remember once I had strange slow-down issues and eventually a RAM stick failed. Fortunately I had two in the PC so I was able to find out which one and remove it. The warning was the PC would often take ages to do something.

It could in theory be an impending hard drive failure where read/write errors cause repeat tries. But I never had that so I’m guessing.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby djbrynte » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:20 pm

Its just flowstone. Its not any other programs. Could it be The soundcard something? But every thing worked on Windows 8.1 in The same computer on another disk.

The wierd is Also when i load The synth in fl studio and load 32 bit it loads very fast But it fails and I got error message could not find The plugin.

In fl studio 11 i got 1 asio option i have tested both without asio and with it.

Also things like worked on 8.1 in The synth like unison mode works in 8.1 But not this Windows 10.

And I Wonder If its cause some administrator behavior?

Or because when i loaded synth first its talked about missing dll filé. So i downloaded this file and put in Windows. Still dident work to open and this was before and then i updated Windows then i got another error. And then i just tested something. I did click load from this program and it was 2 options There when i right clicked synth and load from. And finaly i got it to load The synth. But with super long loading Times. Something must be wrong some kind of file or something. And when i try to access app data to reach The flowstone stuff to delete everythin. It says access denied. And when i try to set pc as administrator i dont know how to do. Because The pc doesent have any account or something. I just logg in without logg in. Its not like Windows 8.1.and The Windows is new from dads friend whos computer guy. All is just so strange or im dumb or something?
djbrynte

Postby Spogg » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:21 am

You should already have full admin rights on your account, assuming whoever installed it gave your account that privilege. On a new install the first account created always has full admin rights. The fact that you can’t access the Appdata stuff suggests to me that this isn’t the case. But one thing you could try is right-click on Windows explorer and select Run as administrator. Then see if you can get into Appdata.

How many Users are there in C:\Users? And what are they?

Did you get the correct drivers for your audio interface for Windows 10? I believe the Win 10 drivers are very different than those for Win 8. I hope the installer guy put in the correct chipset drivers too. They must be correct for the hardware, otherwise generic drivers will be in place which is not good.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to General