Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

help - module inside module properties -Spog?

For general discussion related FlowStone

help - module inside module properties -Spog?

Postby pshannon » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 am

Hello everyone,

I hate asking for help with this. But I could not get this to work. In my mind it should be simple and maybe I am missing something obvious.
1. I used a simple selector item module, but I do not want to see it in the main part of the module. Turn off G and select P for properties.
2. Once I have set the items in the menu selector, I don't want to change the selection values, I will keep those static.
3. I want to use the values in the menu selector drop down, but to use it as a property in the main module.
4. The menu item change will change how ruby code responds inside.
In a not shell: Once the selector values are created, they won't change, so I won't need to use the properties of the selector Item1, Item2, Item3. I do want to use the menu drop down to change it from item1 to item2 and have ruby reflect that inside the module.
Prims are easy, you right click and select property. I can get the same effect from a module inside. It will just transfer its own properties to the main module. Turn off properties and it disappears completely. I added a prim to show I get the idea of how to use properties, but not with a module that I could tell.
Attached is the simplest form I could create. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!
Attachments
should be simple module.fsm
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
pshannon

Re: help - module inside module properties -Spog?

Postby trogluddite » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:40 pm

There are two ways that you could do this....

1) Swap the selector module for an 'Index Selector' primitive. This does the same thing as a selector module, but it has no module GUI, and can be made directly into a labelled property, exactly as you would a numeric/string primitive.

2) The selector module's MGUI primitive has a wireless receiver on it's view input, which is normally unlabelled and passes the GUI drawing along to the parent module. However, if you give the wireless receiver the label "Properties" (case-sensitive!), the drawing will be redirected to the parent module's properties panel instead. This will work for any GUI module that you want shown on its parent's properties panel.

Note that there's also a 'Module Properties GUI' primitive, which works just like a normal MGUI, but draws directly to the properties panel of the containing module (rather than the parent module's properties, as the wireless connector does).

(PS: Sorry no example schematic, I'm not on my FS machine at the moment!)
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Re: help - module inside module properties -Spog?

Postby pshannon » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:50 pm

Thanks Trog! worked as described, I know simple right? :) I was not sure if Spog , you or Tula would just know off the top. I love the support here and still learning the flow of FS.
pshannon

Return to General