Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

New video series about flowstone coming soon

For general discussion related FlowStone

New video series about flowstone coming soon

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:15 pm

I'll be making a short series about how to make visual components like sliders and parametric EQ bells to function in front of audio components such as analyzers. It'll be on youtube soon.

I'll make sure to explain anything really useful and issues faced with ticks, triggers and placement and stylisation of control device type. Say, like for instance that strip animations aren't actually moving so much with area, but are using a y-grade displacement controlled by a divisor of frames and then as a means of multiplication acting as a boolean; rather than the need for true to proximity calculations happening on the fly.

This of course becomes an impediment when using the sliders with image slider knobs that move up and down, as cool as they are.

I thought it would be useful.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: New video series about flowstone coming soon

Postby pshannon » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:35 pm

Thanks ahead of time, this would be very useful and I look forward to seeing it.
pshannon

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:56 pm

Cool ! Looking forward to this.

I dont understand what this means "Say, like for instance that strip animations aren't actually moving so much with area, but are using a y-grade displacement controlled by a divisor of frames and then as a means of multiplication acting as a boolean; rather than the need for true to proximity calculations happening on the fly."
lalalandsynth

Postby k brown » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:23 am

I thought it was just me. ;)
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:20 pm

It means animation strips are actually static. While an image that is used for a slider knob: its dimensions are calculated against so as to move it to the relevant x and y grade.

So, assuming your drag is only x an y, why force that kind of computational power? If the image is static, and it's in RAM (only possible with a prim) then you can use it many times and will not interfere with the analyzer behind it because it's not moving. And even the movement in the area of the source in Bitmap area prim is either -inv or regular in intervals (the size of the image strip divided by the intended size), meaning there's less math happening.

Compare that to the computations required to decide where a small object must be dependent on the mouse cursor position and you realize you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's possible to have two items animating with only one or more redraws without collision.

And in the case of parametric bells, by using a module to keep some connections within their own tier of function, you prevent object orientation, and by very design it's a bit simpler. But, that's entirely dependent on two active connections changing at the same time. To use the same style for a slider that goes up and down, plausible; but you'd have to use an xy drag and the x grade would have to move by tiny increments (un-noticeably) so as to stop the one connection from becoming more like a standard knob that glitches. It would seem the combo of two motions "urges it on".

So, I'll illustrate that there's many ways to make sliders and knobs move real time; just like the freq, and just like for instance My new boardstation's mod. Even if it's in front of a moving object.

Here's a video to illustrate I made for customers:
https://youtu.be/N7mtgudyUBQ
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:20 am

Attachments
example.osm
(22.69 KiB) Downloaded 757 times
Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:24 pm

It's due to the fact that it's a forty band EQ and there are so many connections and it's all the while running a screen recorder. I've made it faster though. It all comes down to: works fast until you turn on a screen recorder.

here's the latest action in image form:
https://vstplug.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/DSPplug-boardstation-V2-1-1.gif

It's a bit better but have made an even faster model. It really came down to not having enough hours in a day for customer service and the necessary updates to the product, am catching up with the man hours required however. thanks for mentioning this. And My PC is 20 years old, 3.33 GHz intel core 2. I used to over clock it. The main issue is My power supply is iffy and I don't overclock and turn My GPU up anymore cause it can flake out.

However, that means I make something for customers that's very fast; My PC can be OC'd to 4.0 GHz after all, so really it's better this way.Had two Win 10 PC's that died.

I actually use only one ticker for redraw as well, there is not a redraw area or redraw per every slider knob. But that proves challenging in the way of calibration I have it set though all redraws turn off unless mousing over the plugin. Unless analyzer is on and then there is less triggers. And of course, if less trigger it takes a sec to start up faster because I have a selector providing multiple speeds of ticks based upon how many clauses (booleans) are true. To make sure there's no delay in speed when first moving, I intend to add a pulse trigger even that causes another boolean pulse to true when merely mousing over that will last for 100 ms to make up for that initial slowness.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Spogg » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:38 am

Have I understood this correctly? You have one ticker redrawing the whole GUI, but only when the mouse is anywhere over the GUI?
Spogg

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Correct and I will send you the schematic
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Next

Return to General