Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Win10 preventing VST export

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Win10 preventing VST export

Postby k brown » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 pm

What the devil good is an OS that doesn't allow third party software - somebody please tell me he's wrong about this!
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby tulamide » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:00 am

Don't let yourself be influenced by rumors and urban legends. Win 10 is a very good system, and it even got severely overhauled for realtime audio, so that studios will accept Windows over Apple. Just as OSX, Win10 isn't perfect either, but far from those horrible scenarios, people tend to lay out, when they had a personal issue with their system.

Of course, if you use 20 year old hardware, Win 10 will have issues that Win XP won't have. But honestly, I'm sick of people telling me, that system <enter name here> is so bad, because it doesn't support the Geforce 256 (state of the art graphics card - in 2000, for Windows 98), or the Gravis Ultrasound from 1991.

It's 2020, and operating systems are here to operate on recent hardware. Yet, Win10 compatibility reaches back 10 years, and there's nothing to complain about that.

Is it annoying that each new update introduces new issues? Hell, yes! But so far, not a single issue introduced with an update, wasn't fixed in due time.

Just install it.

I run Win 10, 64-bit for 2 years now, together with age-old ASIO4ALL, Voicemeeter Banana (another ASIO replacement), Flowstone 3.0.6, 4 different DAWs, (newest count) 317 VST plugins, a video/screen recording software that hooks into the system, several hi-end video editors (very demanding ragarding system), several of the newest games between 2018 and 2020 (most demanding regarding system), a game programming environment (could even brake your system), Blender (a real test to your graphics hardware) and the free Avira version alongside Defender. All that on 9 year old hardware!

I have no viruses, no issues, no crashes (apart from Cakewalk, but those were my fault for demanding too much of it), definitely no system crashes, no weird behavior, no instabilities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tektoog, I again advise you to enable safety measures. You talked about having it shut off on a totally unprotected, non-encrypted forum. Getting your ip is a matter of seconds. I wouldn't wonder, if you were part of a bot net soon.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby k brown » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:12 am

All good info, thanks I feel better.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby tektoog » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:21 am

tulamide wrote:I again advise you to enable safety measures.

Thanks for your advice, been done... by Win10... that's where modern OS's prove to be more efficient than former ones... and humans... ;)
Win10 restores by itself the settings to on after a while... and doesn't allow to stay unprotected :P
It's like with updates.. I haven't found a way to block the updates, without disabling the network card... It seems "you have to update"... :?

And that's where a new issue is rising... Privacy... I find Win10 to be very invasive... I felt quite shocked when I came across that : Send my activity history to Microsoft... checked by default... :shock: (In there you have all the apps you used, the files you opened or deleted,the websites you visited, etc...) We know that all web actors, companies,etc.. gather data from users... but seeing it written like this, and checked by default without any information about it... really... :? It took me a while to find out about this... and to uncheck it...
Also when a program crashes (and FS crashes on me very often when I have 2 schematics opened with DS out prim active), Win10 sends automatically a note to Microsoft... I haven't found out yet where to go to disable this...

And what about the many Control panels? One from the old fashion way, right click on this PC icon then properties... But now they added the Windows settings panel... That becomes a lot to investigate, check and read to get your OS working the way you'd like, and to not feel being spied...
They are many places in these panels where a "send to Microsoft" is checked by default... I don't like it...
I feel this OS is not just an OS... it goes thru all your devices running Win10, sync them... and then "send to Microsoft"... C my point here...

But don't get me wrong... I've never said it was a bad OS... you're right... since I've been running it I've never had a BSOD ... It just keep running with no sound... :lol: (maybe a few but I know it comes from my old soundcard drivers)

But the real issue here, is that I can't export my plugs with 3.06 anymore... and that really sucks!
I'd really like to have feedback to certify that the problem is not only on my system, so Win10 flowstoners, speak now or forever hold your peace! ;)
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby tiffy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:55 am

tektoog wrote:
tulamide wrote:I again advise you to enable safety measures.

Thanks for your advice, been done... by Win10... that's where modern OS's prove to be more efficient than former ones... and humans... ;)
Win10 restores by itself the settings to on after a while... and doesn't allow to stay unprotected :P
It's like with updates.. I haven't found a way to block the updates, without disabling the network card... It seems "you have to update"... :?

And that's where a new issue is rising... Privacy... I find Win10 to be very invasive... I felt quite shocked when I came across that : Send my activity history to Microsoft... checked by default... :shock: (In there you have all the apps you used, the files you opened or deleted,the websites you visited, etc...) We know that all web actors, companies,etc.. gather data from users... but seeing it written like this, and checked by default without any information about it... really... :? It took me a while to find out about this... and to uncheck it...
Also when a program crashes (and FS crashes on me very often when I have 2 schematics opened with DS out prim active), Win10 sends automatically a note to Microsoft... I haven't found out yet where to go to disable this...

And what about the many Control panels? One from the old fashion way, right click on this PC icon then properties... But now they added the Windows settings panel... That becomes a lot to investigate, check and read to get your OS working the way you'd like, and to not feel being spied...
They are many places in these panels where a "send to Microsoft" is checked by default... I don't like it...
I feel this OS is not just an OS... it goes thru all your devices running Win10, sync them... and then "send to Microsoft"... C my point here...

But don't get me wrong... I've never said it was a bad OS... you're right... since I've been running it I've never had a BSOD ... It just keep running with no sound... :lol: (maybe a few but I know it comes from my old soundcard drivers)

But the real issue here, is that I can't export my plugs with 3.06 anymore... and that really sucks!
I'd really like to have feedback to certify that the problem is not only on my system, so Win10 flowstoners, speak now or forever hold your peace! ;)

With regard to Windows version 10 (I use the Professional Version) there is a few settings you can easily change to prevent Apps & Microsoft gathering/using your information. Left Click on the Windows Icon in the Lower Left Hand corner of the screen on the taskbar, then Left click on Settings, then Left Click Privacy. Go through each of the listed items on that menu and disable those you do not want.

If you are not sure what settings to switch off in Windows 10, then Google it, there are help sites available that will indicate what to leave alone and what to switch off.

When I uninstall old software I always run a good registry cleaner software (I prefer the free version of Advanced Uninstaller Pro version 12, but pick a registry cleaner of your choice) prior to installing the new software. I also run the registry cleaner at least once every two weeks depending on how many times you install/uninstall software. It is also a good idea to regularly clean the Windows Temporary Files.

As far as Antivirus/Firewall I do not use MS Windows for that as I find it too 'aggressive', I prefer Symantec Endpoint Protection, easy to update and easy to switch ON/OFF when installing software (Remember to disconnect from the Internet first prior to switching off the Antivirus/Firewall!! and to switch it back ON prior to connecting again to the Internet!!). But please use any other Antivirus/Firewall you prefer.

IMPORTANT: With regard to "Restore Point" in Windows, go to "Create a System Restore Point", then navigate to the "System Protection" tab and then Left Click on "Configure". Pull the Slider of "Max Usage" fully over to the Right Hand Side. If you do not take this precaution the "System Restore" may not work when you need it most.

I hope this will help.
tiffy

Postby tulamide » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:47 pm

So, Microsoft has put the update on hold. You can only find and get it, if you're actively hitting the "Check for updates" button in the update center, and have version 1903 or (like me) 1909. That's good!

Furthermore, here'S a list of currently known issues and their status:
https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004
tulamide

Postby tektoog » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:04 pm

tiffy wrote:I hope this will help.

Hey,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to describe all this, and yes, It is useful information you gave there, so it helps! :)
Never heard of Advanced Uninstaller Pro, so I will give it a try ;)

tulamide wrote:So, Microsoft has put the update on hold. You can only find and get it, if you're actively hitting the "Check for updates" button in the update center, and have version 1903 or (like me) 1909. That's good!

Furthermore, here'S a list of currently known issues and their status:
https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/window ... ws-10-2004

hum hum...
Yes! let's put this NO break car than can go 250 km/h in this nice steep slope, and let's see how it goes...
When you check the list... I think I was on the right track saying (I don't like to quote myself but sometimes... ;) )
tektoog wrote:well, we all now anyway that windows is just a big bug itself so... ;)
:(

And they keep applying the same politic for decades now.... Planes and thermonuclear plants are relying on you MS people... Maybe the other way around would be more... judicious... :?
tektoog

Postby tulamide » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Could you please refrain from this "I hate Microsoft" shit. Could you also please refrain from making it a political debate? And could you please stop trying to irritate people, just beacaue you have an issue?

It's so funny that people ignore when they are told that their problem is a specific one (again, I for example have zero problems), and then spit hate all over the company, who they think is responsible for their own issues?

In my professional life I worked with both, Macintosh and Microsoft, and there is not the slightest difference. Apple ishated, Microsoft is hated, but sure enough none of those know-it-alls then take the consequences and work with, say Linux. No, it's so much easier to just smear hatred. Both Apple, and Microsoft, can't do it right, no matter what they do. When they were making secrets about their updates, everybody screamed "transparency".

Now they list every little extreme case like that 20 year old sounddriver now making problems, regardless of how often it happens, and people go "look at all those issues, they sure are a mess". Do you make the same fuzz when you rammed a light pole with your car? Will you blame the car manufacturer for its inability to provide light-pole-scratching-safe varnish?
tulamide

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:55 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby tektoog » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:28 am

tulamide wrote:Could you please refrain from this "I hate Microsoft" shit. Could you also please refrain from making it a political debate? And could you please stop trying to irritate people, just beacaue you have an issue?

Look who's talking... :D ;)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39749&start=14
tulamide wrote:I'm living on a very small pension, after my medical condition didn't allow me to keep on working anymore. It's so small that I'm under a limit that we defined in Germany as the absolute minimum you need to live. Which is why the state supports me with what is called "Grundsicherung", so that I can pay my rent, power, internet and have enough to eat and drink.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45947&hilit=tick100&start=26
tulamide wrote:OMG, I just realized, this forum now has its own little Trump!

Aren't all these political statements?
So please, refrain yourself first... ;)
first to also make political statements and second to make personal attacks...
Isn't it because of political choices in your country that you can have a shelter and to eat today?
So please look what's in your plate before looking (and judging) at other's...
Also, this is a forum for people to share their problems and hope for others to help (and you did! ;) :) )... so as few other people joined the discussion (and obviously didn't seem to be irritated) it seems you are the one feeling this way...
So if you don't like what you read don't feel obligated first to read all, and furthermore to answer by any mean...

If you are the chief of the police of thoughts around here, I would like to talk to the head manager... I have a complaint to make... ;)

If you keep acting this way, I'll end up sharing someone's thoughts who wrote this about you...

you suck the life out of this board. You called me a troll but you have it so backwards. I like your coding sometimes, but you're rarely constructive.
It makes Me come here less and less. You bring the board down...

So, here is an advice from an irritating guy: you should change your behaviour around here, or soon this place will be empty, like it was after the change from SM to FS...
Be sure, we'll can do without you...
Where are N.A.S, The audiophileDeutchman, Acrobat and many others?

The spirit of this forum has changed a lot since the old SM days, and that's partially because of people like you... who know it all... probably because you are a nolife spending all your time in front of your SOLO monitor (it comes from your own quote), reading all these technical papers, and throwing at people's faces your pseudo knowledge...
But what have you done really?
See how easy it is to make hurting assertions and personal attacks?
And that's how I felt after reading your post, hurt...
I thought we were all here to share the same thing, but obviously not...

Also, I think you have not really well read what I wrote... So I will have to quote myself, once again (and I don't like it)
tektoog wrote:But don't get me wrong... I've never said it was a bad OS...

So except the suggestion I made about being a little bit more judicious and maybe to get a working update before releasing it, I don't see where in my posts I complain about MS... or Apple or anything... I just said I'll be waiting for a fix... that's all...
Would you yourself, release a buggy plugin? Knowing it's buggy?

And writing this I just remember your post there... which you did not even respond to... thanks...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44645

This also feels quite irritating, you know when very knowledged people like you ask for such dumb questions...
Did I mention to you that I felt irritated after that?
Did you feel irritated with Spogg's comment which basically is the same as mine?

And about Windows being a bug itself, this is a programmers and developers inside joke which has been around for ages...

I won't spread my private life here, but professionally I've also been working with windows since its early age, and during my carrier, I've been very close to the MS team, and even met several times the board management of MS in meetings all around the world... So I know a little bit about their politic, and I can tell you, That WIN10 is what they planned a long time ago and it will not stop there... plenty of cool surprises ahead...

So really, I think you should go thru all your posts on this board, and question yourself about who you really are...
I don't think you're such the cool guy you think you are... Maybe it will be time for you to have a break, away from computers, and work on your inner-self...
That would be much beneficial for you, and for all of us around here...
Take care,
TekTooG

PS: I thought quite a bit before answering to your negative post... and I thought I shouldn't waste my time with this kind of puerile crisis you made... So instead I made that, much more productive... made with home made leaven! all BIO...
Bread 01.png
Bread 01.png (618.32 KiB) Viewed 16238 times
Bread 02.png
Bread 02.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 16238 times
tektoog

PreviousNext

Return to General