Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

How can we protect Wav files for a rompler?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: How can we protect Wav files for a rompler?

Postby Spogg » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks for all your ideas and input guys. :D

I came up with a “weak” solution, but in the end Johan changed his mind and thought that allowing a user access to his wavs would be ok. Also the new rompler version can load the user’s own wavs, which of course won’t be “protected”.

The system I came up with needed a batch process to add a defined number of samples of silence at the start of each wav, just over 3 seconds. The exact number of samples is known of course, and added as an offset to the waveform table’s reader index. This means the wav player will always start at the correct point in the wav file, but if anyone wants to use a wav they would have to remove the silence first and may be discouraged.

I wanted to add white noise instead of silence, to give the impression of encryption, but I couldn’t find an editor that allowed adding white noise of a defined time at the start and as a batch process too.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:20 am

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby Spogg » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:08 am

I think you’re completely right Michael.

I’m not sure what changed Johan’s mind, but he may well have thought the same thing. In fact on his website he says you can use his samples elsewhere, but why would you when his rompler is so damn good (sales blurb)!

I thought of all sorts or protections, but the more complex ones like yours would entail increased CPU in the reader, and a formidable exercise to batch process hundreds of wavs.
Spogg

Previous

Return to General