Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Win10-What to do?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Win10-What to do?

Postby tektoog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Hey, I've had this terrible problem which prevented me from exporting VSTs with 3.06... they were exported , it seemed normally, but none of my 2 DAWs (Acid and FL) were accepting them and labelled them as failing... Grrrrr...

So I've now found out why... it is because of the plug-in id... With SM, I was always using the same id and everything was good... just had to change the name and in all DAWs, everything was working fine...
Then with Win10 and FS 3.06, 3.08, I've discovered that this way of doing it was not working anymore...
I've had to change the plug-in id for each synth/FX I've been creating or the DAW was confused and was opening one plug for another...
That's the reason I started to work like this (C picture) and everything was back to normal...
all plugs were there and no failing ones :)
Plug-in id01.png
Plug-in id01.png (127.13 KiB) Viewed 6590 times

But since this MS update in june 10th... My exported plugs were all failing... So after 15 days of deep investigation, windows tweaking, bothering everybody on the forum, etc... Yesterday night, at like 3am... I just changed the id, just to try... and the plug was back into the VST list of my DAWs :D
The weirdest thing, is that exporting the same plug with the original id from the same schematic, on another computer( which didn't updated on june10th), and then importing it on the working machine where FS and the DAWs are, the plugin was recognized and working fine :?: Conclusion: I guess this issue has been fixed and I'm getting old and obvioulsy, far less aware and lively! :?
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby tektoog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:38 pm

About the DS error message:
It is, once more, sample rate related...
Here is a video, so you can see what I'm talking about. But before watching, a few notes:
- There's a window's sound error at the begining
- It's a bit long to start, but I wanted to show the bug, starting since FS opening
- There's a huge sound offset at the end of the video, it's normal and it's due to the obvious card tweaking I did
- The video ending also shows the bug I mentioned in the other thread: Keys missing in chords

test 01.rar
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 736 times

I already hear from there: it's your Audio drivers....
Well it's not...
If something's wrong here, it's the OS... These drivers have been working well with SM and FS on Win XP for years, been working perfectly on 7,8 and 8.1... and since I'm on 10... got weird things going on... like booting the PC twice to get the correct windows 48khz default sample rate, and now the DS error message since the last update...
I'm sorry, as a VST developer, if a customer comes to you and tell you there's a bug within your plug, you don't tell him to change it's hardware... It's the OS developer who builds on top of routines years after years, that has to be more careful with what he releases...
These audio drivers of my soundcard are rock solid.
As they are quite old, they are the essence of what is an ASIO driver, as well as a DS or WDM driver...
It's the developer who fancys his coding... and at some points, gets lost, and f..ks the thing up...
Back to basic first... and then, one step at the time... when it works... and only when it works, you should move on to another block...
The solution to get rid of the DS error message is in the video... It's a matter of switching on and off the DS component in FS, alternating with changing the sample rate of the soundcard in between...
And I repeat..it's not coming from my audiocard drivers... It comes from the OS... Damnit!!! ;)
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:35 am

From my understanding ... each DAW has their particular way of identifying a plugin.

Some use the 'name', while others use the ID.

Best practice is to always use a unique ID [4 character] to stamp each plugin.
RJHollins

Previous

Return to General