Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Missing keys in cords

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Missing keys in cords

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:56 pm

Oh my, there's a lot going on here.

First and foremost, you can't use the computer keyboard to test. Most of them have a cheap chip that isn't able to register multiple key presses at once. This issue is long known in the gaming scene (for decades), where specific keyboards were built (expensive of course) to allow players to hit several keys at once.
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/6669/how-do-i-remove-the-limit-on-pc-keyboard-button-presses

Second, the midi mono is not intended to register multiple notes at once. It will register notes that are close but not simultanously. That gives the impression it might register chords, but it isn't. It registers one note at a time. If two note-ons happen at exactly the same time it will only register one. The manual explixitly states that midi mone is not to be used for polyphonic synths.

I don't see a bug. If you share a schematic we might be able to correct the mistake that's in the schematic.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tektoog » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:30 pm

Tulamide, thanks for the info :)
I am aware of this well known bug as a long date gamer!

But it does it also with external midi controllers being thru midi or USB;
tulamide wrote:If you share a schematic we might be able to correct the mistake that's in the schematic.

Read previous posts please, and just use the example synth... it does it also with it... no coding from me inside that...
I also tried to switch the original example synth Midi2Poly with the one of the latest Alpha... Same thing...
As I said before, the last test I haven't done yet, is to see What's the behavior of the said chord played in a DAW...

And then people will say...it depends of the DAW....blahblahblah... No...Commercial plugins like the ones made by Steinberg for example (or whatever dev, you name it!) don't do that... ;)
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Which example synth?
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:45 pm

While waiting for the answer, I can only say that I use a lot of FS- made synths in my production, for example quite a few from Spogg. I never had this issue. Never!
tulamide

Postby tektoog » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:48 pm

tulamide wrote:Which example synth?

The one from SM I guess... updated with FS components
tulamide wrote:I never had this issue. Never!

Does the second Never, with exclamation mark, induces that I don't know what i'm saying or doing???
tektoog

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:56 pm

tektoog wrote:
tulamide wrote:Which example synth?

The one from SM I guess... updated with FS components

I have no such example synth. But if anyone shares it with me, I'll give it a test.

tektoog wrote:
tulamide wrote:I never had this issue. Never!

Does the second Never, with exclamation mark, induces that I don't know what i'm saying or doing???

Why so aggressive? No. It tells you something about bugs. A bug is an issue that is always reproducable - no exceptions.

At least two people don't experience what you and nix experienced. So it might just as well be some other issue than a Flowstone bug.
tulamide

Postby tektoog » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm

tulamide wrote:At least two people don't experience what you and nix experienced

Read better... it 3 out 4...
deraudrl wrote:Ok, on my Logitech K200 QWERTY-layout keyboard, I (sort of) see the "bug",
tulamide wrote:Why so aggressive?

I am not dude... ;) it's more like your assertion like the one with the redundant "never", could lead to some ironical interpretation... ;) Weight your words if don't want to see these kind of remarks ;)
tulamide wrote:I have no such example synth. But if anyone shares it with me, I'll give it a test.

Don't you have SM?
deraudrl wrote:Ok, just tried the "Example Synth.fsm" that came with 3.0.6
tektoog

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:14 pm

tektoog wrote:
tulamide wrote:At least two people don't experience what you and nix experienced

Read better... it 3 out 4...
deraudrl wrote:Ok, on my Logitech K200 QWERTY-layout keyboard, I (sort of) see the "bug",

So, although you know of the computer keyboard's inability to '"play" chords, here you count it as a proof? Strange thinking.

tektoog wrote:
tulamide wrote:Why so aggressive?

I am not dude... ;) it's more like your assertion like the one with the redundant "never", could lead to some ironical interpretation... ;) Weight your words if don't want to see these kind of remarks ;)

I am not responsible for what you interpret into my words. Having instructed you, you choose to ignore it. That's a shame :(

tektoog wrote:
tulamide wrote:I have no such example synth. But if anyone shares it with me, I'll give it a test.

Don't you have SM?
[/quote]
No. I have FS.
tulamide

Postby tektoog » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:28 pm

Ok I will leave this thread now... even if it's mine!
If I'm the only one (and Nix) to experience that, good...
I'll wait for the return from people when the plug will be released...
If I have comments saying "I can't play chords with you chord synth" I'll link them to this thread!
Good advertisement!!!
PS: I've been studying languages and literature for 2 decades, in 3 different countries...
I know how to read a sentence ;)
Last edited by tektoog on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tektoog

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:32 pm

tektoog wrote:I know how to read a sentence ;)

Obviously not.
tulamide

PreviousNext

Return to General