Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

What is this sin-based transfer function called?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: What is this sin-based transfer function called?

Postby tulamide » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:35 am

billv wrote:Maybe there is an end to time , and were not looking at it the right way.
What if time was finished just after it was created, and naturally then went into a never-ending loop.(like a pattern Sequencer)

Actually time is on reverse. Time, as we know, can only be measured through movement of any kind, aka change. Well, the universe is expanding. It shouldn't. It should actually collapse due to gravity and such. Scientist now desperately look for anything that could counter gravity. They didn't find anything, so they invented "dark matter". A matter that doesn't interact with the universe, but at the same time is a greater force than gravity (so far, gravity was the greatest force). But, that is a construct, scientists need to invent because they're looking at time always going forward. But we humans wouldn't notice time's direction, as we only sense change. Until we look at the universe, where its behaving as it would with time going in reverse!
Ha! Now that's as good a theory as dark matter!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby adamszabo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:43 am

I saw this lecture on youtube about time and the universe a while ago, I highly recommend it. Watch it instead of a movie because its really worth it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF4UhElRUFg

Spoiler: in the end everything will disappear, every atom, and the entire universe will be a completely empty dark cold void with nothing existing in it. Pretty depressive thought :?
adamszabo

Postby Spogg » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:01 am

HughBanton wrote:However, fwiw, I know you can get similar results with square roots etc, as per the attached.

Thanks Hugh. Another useful mapper for me, albeit rather extreme at the low end!

And now for something completely different…
2021 (I hope).

Cheers!
Spogg

Postby HughBanton » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:37 pm

adamszabo wrote:Spoiler: in the end everything will disappear, every atom, and the entire universe will be a completely empty dark cold void with nothing existing in it. Pretty depressive thought :?

We here in the UK will let you know how we get along with this prediction, sounds about right for the middle of next year.

H :cry:
o whooops ....
HughBanton

Previous

Return to General