Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

deleted by uploader

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

deleted by uploader

Postby tiffy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 am

deleted
Last edited by tiffy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no glory in practice but there is no glory without practice.
tiffy

Re: Downloading other Persons Schematics

Postby tulamide » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:06 am

While I see your point, there's another aspect. Often times the uploaded schematics are a work of days or even weeks or months (there are some complete synths made available). This should be appreciated by not ignoring the thread. What are leechers good for, anyway? They take whatever there is, don't even thank for it, don't bring in their own productions, don't help others - and often times use the modules to publish them under their name to make money from it - again without paying the original authors. I can't even find a name for such manners.

And it's only those, that most of the uploaders address to, when bringing on the topic.

And let's face it - whoever can click a button may as well write "Thanks". Doesn't cost more than seconds of the oh so precious time. Seconds for a work of weeks and months, who wants to really argue on that?

Of course, that are only symptoms. The real cause is the lack of understanding. A forum like this one lives from people participating. Some know about robotics, some about physics, some about maths, some about audio, some about video, some about dsp. Only if we bring together what we have, we can learn from each other, getting better and make better products. But I suspect thousands of people lurking around just because FS is part of their FL Studio. Those are not interested in helping others, they just look for new stuff to feed their DAW with. I see them laughing about silly people like me, who desperately seek for some participation. And after they've laughed enough, they grab my stuff and think "F*ck you, I do whatever I want". They just don't understand.

No sign of Trog, Exo's gone, literally hundreds of SM forum members are gone, and people like Nubeat or myself are looking at juce. Has anyone noticed the absence of billv? In fact, the com is slowly dying. More and more are heading towards other solutions, and those who still try to help and offer new solutions are not taken serious, as if it were a matter of course that they get modules.

I very well remember who were the loudest when Exo tried to offer a shop, and people realized that it could mean they wouldn't get their modules for nothing anymore...
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Personally I think if you expect gratitude you get disapointed. I may be fortunate, but I do not have a problem with this so much. I see FS as a hobby, and I get satisfaction from solving a problem or creating something which I find cool. I enjoy sharing and am often overwhelmed by the response. Sometimes there is little or no response - well that's OK, maybe it's only me who thinks it's cool. And it is not surprising to me that a large portion of members or visitors never post - that's the same everywhere.
martinvicanek

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:36 am

martinvicanek wrote:Personally I think if you expect gratitude you get disapointed. I may be fortunate, but I do not have a problem with this so much. I see FS as a hobby, and I get satisfaction from solving a problem or creating something which I find cool. I enjoy sharing and am often overwhelmed by the response. Sometimes there is little or no response - well that's OK, maybe it's only me who thinks it's cool. And it is not surprising to me that a large portion of members or visitors never post - that's the same everywhere.

No, I don't expect gratitude - I expect, as I said, participation!
Maybe I just had the luck to always be in forums, where participation is just a matter of course. What is a forum good for, if only the same few people participate?

Regarding your last sentence, you might want to have a look at this forum. And it's only one of many examples: https://www.scirra.com/forum/works-in-progress-feedback-requests_f180
tulamide

Postby tester » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:07 pm

I agree with Martin.
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby billv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:07 am

tulamide wrote:No sign of Trog, Exo's gone, literally hundreds of SM forum members are gone, and people like Nubeat or myself are looking at juce. Has anyone noticed the absence of billv? In fact, the com is slowly dying.

Hey tulamide...yeh I'm gone.(Ps...thanks for noticing :) )
mainly i just needed a break from the FS interface.
Too much time spent in FS last 3 years, and i needed to get back and make music again.
My personal quota is about 2 albums a year. Their done, the next album is 80% done,
so gonna save it for next year release. Taking advantage of situation and studio now is shut down.
ATM have headed back into 3D, and having an absolute ball with Cinema 4D.
I used to swear by 3ds max....but Cinema 4D just kicks arse, and has a beautiful, fluid workflow.
Nothing serious, but I'm sure I can create some abstract film clips for my songs.. :D

Other reasons for bailing out.....
As you say Tulamide...a hell of a lot of people from the the SM/FS community are gone.
This does mean a lot...in so many ways.... ;)

All the niggling little issues with updates......and content/delivery time/ and price of updates.
the lack of DSPR presence in the forum has always pissed me off...but i understand it
and it's not an issue.

Another reason, a bit weird though...
I found because of all the new skills I gained via ruby, it became increasingly hard to
"visualize" my next major project. It's like I had too much new knowledge at once and
was drowning in it. One new idea after the next and i couldn't seem to keep up... :lol:
So production became frustrating. A sure sign a break was needed.

Last time I had a break from SM/FS, it was the best thing I ever did.
During my time away I learnt what Strings/Floats and Ints really were, and
when i came back to SM, it all just "Opened up", and the program made more sense.
End result was the X11, which is like an alien compared to my earlier synths.
Yeh, so leaving the program at the time was better than staying in....

I defiantly be back one day.....but that wont happen for a another year or two....
I still drop in time to time to see what you guys are up too...
But I'm just just 'bookmarking" stuff and keeping track...
Like that Osc a few weeks back....
What was it..? 10 Osc's for the price of one..??
Shit....I almost jumped back on board when i saw that.....
Lucky for me I'm stronger than my addiction for FS... ;)
BV MUSIC SYDNEY AUSTRALIA-Songwriting & Software Development.
http://users.tpg.com.au/billv
billv

Postby tulamide » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:31 am

billv wrote:ATM have headed back into 3D, and having an absolute ball with Cinema 4D.
I used to swear by 3ds max....but Cinema 4D just kicks arse, and has a beautiful, fluid workflow.
Nothing serious, but I'm sure I can create some abstract film clips for my songs.. :D

I'm a huge fan of C4D myself. First used it back in the old days, when I was a proud owner of a Power Macintosh. Since then I tried to get used to Maya, 3ds max, Blender... But I'm long back to C4D. They are so bulky, compared to the beautiful user interface of C4D. Almost intuitive. Never got to results faster than with C4D.

Nothing spectacular, but this took me only 10 Minutes (+ rendering time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNLVwn4tzqU
tulamide

Postby billv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am

Cool....got lots examples just like that...
Stuck in Expresso ATM...trying to absorb Python. ..
Stuff you guys taught me in Programming while
learning Ruby is helping a lot..
Cheers.. :D
BV MUSIC SYDNEY AUSTRALIA-Songwriting & Software Development.
http://users.tpg.com.au/billv
billv

Return to Off Topic