Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I nearly made a perfect Serum style wavetable Osc

For general discussion related FlowStone

I nearly made a perfect Serum style wavetable Osc

Postby Mastrcode » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:19 am

Hi! This is my first topic here. I bought a Flowstone License a week or two ago and i have good experiences with the old Synthmaker FL Studio version. I've seen some topics here about how to make a Serum style wavetable oscillator and that a lot people were trying to make such an oscillator, but without success, because it's a very had nut. Now, after lot of experimenting the last days, it seems that i was successful and made a serum wavetable oscillator which also can load Serum exported wavetables in wav format. It seems it works pretty well and solid. There's one last thing i still have to figure out. I just need to find a way to get smooth transitions between all the single frames of the table to prevent the clicks when morphing through the table.

Maybe there's someone here who knows a way to do this or can help to find a way together.

Here's the FS project file with the Wavetable schematic:
Serum Style Wavetable.fsm
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 557 times

It's nearly perfect. Maybe we can find a solution together to prevent the clicks... ;)

Thanks in avance!
Moderator comment: This schematic is made with an alpha version of FlowStone so it won’t load in the official released versions and may cause some trouble for those trying to open it in FS 3.08.1. If you wish to share a schematic made in an alpha please make it clear in the post or file comments. Also I must mention that the alphas available from this site are very broken! We recommend version 3.06. Cheers!
Mastrcode

Re: I nearly made a perfect Serum style wavetable Osc

Postby Mastrcode » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:10 pm

@Moderator ok sorry for that. My mistake. I think i can rebuild it in one of the official version releases. I'll upload a new schematic soon. ;)
Mastrcode

Postby Spogg » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:25 pm

Mastrcode wrote:@Moderator ok sorry for that. My mistake. I think i can rebuild it in one of the official version releases. I'll upload a new schematic soon. ;)

No probs.

I’m looking forward to seeing this!
Spogg

Postby maak » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:52 pm

This is the problem, my friend. Your schematic loads a new wavetable each time you change it, I don't know if you can fix that clicking with this method. The wavetable has bo be fully loaded, every single frame, to ensure nice smooth transitions between wavetables. I myself tried many times and failed, and many others did too. I'm on a hunt for a working serum - like wavetable osc for more then a year now, and I stiil haven't found a working one.
maak

Postby az-terisk » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:13 am

Hello, thank you for this work! I started to integrate it in one of my projects (I hope you don't mind?) and it's true that the main problem is the transitions which are not smooth. So I have to find a way to load the whole wavetable without increasing the processor load, which is not easy. In his Viper synthesizer, Adam Szabo managed to integrate something similar, so I think it's possible but we still need to find out how. Nice basis to work with, so once again, thank you!
az-terisk

Postby Spogg » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:08 pm

Some time ago I helped Ste Bruce with a wavetable reader. It reads Serum wavetables. I’ve included the wavs he gave me to test so maybe this will be useful…?

It’s made in FS 3.06. Click on LOAD and select any wav from explorer then you can page through the files in the folder. There’s an LFO you can use to scan the frames, or just use the Position knob.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvrx3rthk4c6s ... s.zip?dl=0
Spogg

Postby Mastrcode » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:46 pm

Wow. Thank you! Will try it the next days. :)
Mastrcode

Postby Spogg » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:09 am

Some of the tables have big jumps and some are smooth. The harmonics one is nice!
Spogg

Return to General